Playerbot (archive)

still the same freeze, client meaning... i deleted my cache but the same results

Hi,

To pinpoint what is causing your issue, I suggest you step back to an earlier version of MaNGOS known to work, and test with each of your mods. If it works, test again with each MaNGOS commit until we track down what is causing the freeze. Naicisum's repo has not been updated for over a month, and I gather it has issues. I am not experiencing any issues on my linux box, but I will try the same on my windows box.

Cheers

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

If your server doesn't freeze at all, I can't explain why all your clients are freezing at the same time. It certainly sounds like a network bottle neck. Nothing that I have changed with Playerbot would have such an effect. Have you tried disabling auctionhousebot like DaemonCantor suggests? I last updated the code on blueboy last Tuesday (16th March), and that was just a cosmetic change.

Cheers

I will try tomorrow with friends to heavily test it

ok i recompiled with all those addons ,disabled ahbot but still the same effect

this is wierd thing in the server log file:

2010-03-23 21:45:27 ERROR:SESSION: received not allowed opcode CMSG_LFD_PLAYER_LOCK_INFO_REQUEST (0x036E)

Hi,

I'm presently running the code from blueboy with

MaNGOS[9591]

ScriptDev2[1641]

PSMDB[299]

auctionhousebot[Niacisum] latest

autobroadcast[Xeross]old

detect.patch

get.patch

On a Dell with Windows XP (32bit) Compiled with VC++ 2008

and it compiles & runs perfectly. I understand that this issue occurs on builds using MaNGOS[9606+]. I will soak test this for a day and then try a later version of MaNGOS, until I get an issue. Could you guys build a server as I have done above and confirm that it works, then we can press on.

I have already explained in a previous post #857, that Looking For Dungeon

2010-03-23 21:45:27 ERROR:SESSION: received not allowed opcode CMSG_LFD_PLAYER_LOCK_INFO_REQUEST (0x036E)
is because of a new feature on the client, that is not yet supported by MaNGOS servers. The client is asking for information, the server does not respond, thus the error. It is safe to ignore

Hope this helps

Blueboy, Thank you for updating the repo, I have a runningserver on my workbench with all of my favorite core mods except ahbot because of that issue and it's running on my testbed as well right now, I don't have your 2 new patches installed but what ever you have in your repo and it's working perfictly with core 9611, Dual-Spec, Wojta's vehicles, and a patch I found here on Item Duration, Just as soon as I get brave enough to shut down the test bed I'll try a fully modded core with ahbot as well and see if I have an issue.

I have a problem

I downloaded for Posted by skinlayers: mangos-9611-9611-ahbot.patch and mangos-playerbot.patch

I applied, compilation went perfectly.

Playerbot:

In Game command: /s .bot add BOTNAME (eg /s .bot add Mystic)

Command reply: Player not found

I can help someone? how to make it appear bot?

sorry are started with to playerbot

Thanks

I have a problem

I downloaded for Posted by skinlayers: mangos-9611-9611-ahbot.patch and mangos-playerbot.patch

I applied, compilation went perfectly.

Playerbot:

In Game command: /s .bot add BOTNAME (eg /s .bot add Mystic)

Command reply: Player not found

I can help someone? how to make it appear bot?

sorry are started with to playerbot

Thanks

Hi,

This might sound like a stupid question, but does your player account, have a character called Mystic? The bot character must come from the same account as the player (i.e The account must have at less two characters, one used as the player and the remaining unused characters (max 9) can be summoned as bots). I have tested the syntax of the bot command as used by you, and it works fine.

Let me know

Blueboy, Thank you for updating the repo, I have a runningserver on my workbench with all of my favorite core mods except ahbot because of that issue and it's running on my testbed as well right now, I don't have your 2 new patches installed but what ever you have in your repo and it's working perfictly with core 9611, Dual-Spec, Wojta's vehicles, and a patch I found here on Item Duration, Just as soon as I get brave enough to shut down the test bed I'll try a fully modded core with ahbot as well and see if I have an issue.

Hi,

Thanks, but I have held off updating the repo to the latest MaNGOS until we get this issue sorted out. I know the code on blueboy works fine on all commits upto 9612, as I have tested them myself.

blueboy

MaNGOS[9591] tested with Windows & linux

MaNGOS[9591] to [9612] tested with linux

The detect.patch and get.patch add optional features that should not have a bearing on the normal operation of the server. If you do not use them, they are not needed. Although I do not provide direct support for auctionhousebot(Naicisum repo), it is an important addition, that I believe we must all fix. For my part going to test each commit of MaNGOS, unitl I find what is causing this issue, that appears to only effect Windows.

Unlike other repos, I like to keep blueboy clean & simple (i.e Playerbot & MaNGOS only). I am curious to know what this 'Item Duration' patch is?

Thanks for your help in resolving this issue

Blueboy, here is an update on my problem ... it apperes some of it maybe related to MYSQL itself, being that when I issed a command to change the engine to INNODB it reduced some of the freeze and then I tried to optomize but the tables are not set for the command so it rebuilt them instead and that droped the freeze down to a couple mins instead of an hour...I made a post on the ahbot thread with the command script I made for it if you like. Sometime today I'm going to do a full core w/mods startup and see what I get and hopefully I can get everything working again.

Blueboy, here is an update on my problem ... it apperes some of it maybe related to MYSQL itself, being that when I issed a command to change the engine to INNODB it reduced some of the freeze and then I tried to optomize but the tables are not set for the command so it rebuilt them instead and that droped the freeze down to a couple mins instead of an hour...I made a post on the ahbot thread with the command script I made for it if you like. Sometime today I'm going to do a full core w/mods startup and see what I get and hopefully I can get everything working again.

Hi,

Interesting, most of the data is loaded into memory at server startup for MaNGOS, but I can see that auctionhousebot would have need to access the DB server on a regular basis. If it is any help,

blueboy code , with fix for addition of Mail.h in Player.cpp

MaNGOS[9612]

ScriptDev2[1652]

PSMDB[299] Silvermoon database

auctionhousebot[Naicisum] latest, with fix for addition of Mail.h in AuctionHouseHandler.cpp

autobroadcast[Xeross] old

Run on a Dell with XP Windows (32 bit)

MySQL 5.1.36 run on my linux box, and accessed remotely!

I get no lag or freeze and everything appears fine.

Edit: I have just checked which ENGINES are used for the MaNGOS database and auctionhousebot, on my system

All use MyISAM, except the character & auctionhousebot tables that use InnoDB

Hear from you soon

Hi,

This might sound like a stupid question, but does your player account, have a character called Mystic? The bot character must come from the same account as the player (i.e The account must have at less two characters, one used as the player and the remaining unused characters (max 9) can be summoned as bots). I have tested the syntax of the bot command as used by you, and it works fine.

Let me know

Thanks for the reply.

I noticed how I do, now go perfectly rev.9611

I said that is a novice in playerbot.

Thanks for the reply.

I noticed how I do, now go perfectly rev.9611

I said that is a novice in playerbot.

Hi,

I'm glad you got it to work. Out of interest, what was the solution?

Sorry if I might have seemed abrupt in my reply, it was not intended ;)

Cheers

Hmmm... now I'm having these issues. I'm 99% sure its AHbot, though.

skinlayers

Hi,

I wish I could get it to freeze! :confused: what! No what I mean to say is that I wish I could have the problem on my server, so I could be more pro-active in solving it. I believe that DaemonCantor is on to a lead with MySQL. I'm waiting to hear if he has some news.

Cheers

Blueboy, what I have found on the disable keys thing is with INNODB you need the keys for it to track who, what when and how many for optimazation but the consinsus is turn off keys with MYISLAM engine because it confuses the engine and causes faults...I'm looking for the proper format to use to get key's fully working with the ahbot stuff and hopefully correct the DB stuff. but there is still the player segfaults that people like skinlayers is seeing and my self and I think it might be related to x64 warnings I keep seeing popup in the compiler, not the ace wrapper falts but I'm seeing some in Unit and Player cpp's I've always ignored them till today but I'm looking into them as well.

Blueboy These are the errors I'm talking about...they maybe nothing but then again ...you decide:

PlayerbotDruidAI.cpp
..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotDruidAI.cpp(136) : warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'const float'
..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotDruidAI.cpp(444) : warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'const float'

..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotAI.cpp(433) : warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'
..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotAI.cpp(1856) : warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'
..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotAI.cpp(1894) : warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'const float'
PlayerbotMgr.cpp
..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotMgr.cpp(533) : warning C4018: '>' : signed/unsigned mismatch
..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotMgr.cpp(548) : warning C4018: '>' : signed/unsigned mismatch

..\\..\\src\\game\\Creature.cpp(1912) : warning C4305: 'return' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'

Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MangosTest\\win\\VC90\\game__x64_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
game - 0 error(s), 9 warning(s)

Blueboy These are the errors I'm talking about...they maybe nothing but then again ...you decide:

PlayerbotDruidAI.cpp
..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotDruidAI.cpp(136) : warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'const float'
..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotDruidAI.cpp(444) : warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'const float'

..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotAI.cpp(433) : warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'
..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotAI.cpp(1856) : warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'
..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotAI.cpp(1894) : warning C4305: 'argument' : truncation from 'double' to 'const float'
PlayerbotMgr.cpp
..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotMgr.cpp(533) : warning C4018: '>' : signed/unsigned mismatch
..\\..\\src\\game\\PlayerbotMgr.cpp(548) : warning C4018: '>' : signed/unsigned mismatch

..\\..\\src\\game\\Creature.cpp(1912) : warning C4305: 'return' : truncation from 'double' to 'float'

Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MangosTest\\win\\VC90\\game__x64_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
game - 0 error(s), 9 warning(s)

Hi,

Thanks for the information, yes I'm seeing these as I'm compiling on my XP (32bit) box. You will appreciate that warnings happen :P, and are generally ignored. However they are flagged for a good reason, to discourage sloppy coding. I will take a look at these, and hopefully eliminate them. As a side issue, I have cleared up an ugly warning that was popping up on the server (Windows only) as the bots loot.

Player (Guid: 1) unsupported for looting

I tracked the cause of this down to a condition statement in the DoLoot function in PlayerbotAI.cpp. This assigned a phantom loot guid value used to release the loot. I have now corrected this by passing a real value.

Keep on Trucking ;)

EDIT: I have now removed all compile warnings caused by playerbot code:rolleyes: I will update blueboy shortly, with the changes I have made

I have tested yestederday regarding the freezing and it is not linked with ahbot.

I managed to find it is linked to some bots.

On the other hand I have not yet isolated which ones.

What I can say is priest+warlock are ok

perhaps the hunter, but not sure

the freezing without any logs is a nightmare

I have also

like your previous post

Hi Guys,

I've just updated the code on blueboy as promised.

I have tested the code with MaNGOS[9614] & ScriptDev2[1653] and it compiles and runs without issue :rolleyes:

The code now includes the gmconfig.patch and I have fixed several compiler warnings. Finally, I have fixed an issue in DoLoot function that was causing

to appear on Windows servers, as bot(s) loot.

Hope this helps

//Check camp

+ Player *player = m_session->GetPlayer();

+ if(player->GetTeam() != sObjectMgr.GetPlayerTeamByGUID(guid))

+ {

+ PSendSysMessage("You have add PlayerBot in the different side!");

+ return true;

+ }

if (mgr->GetPlayerBot(guid))

{

PSendSysMessage("Bot already exists in world.");

SetSentErrorMessage(true);

Honor points to prevent the brush

//Check camp

+ Player *player = m_session->GetPlayer();

+ if(player->GetTeam() != sObjectMgr.GetPlayerTeamByGUID(guid))

+ {

+ PSendSysMessage("You have add PlayerBot in the different side!");

+ return true;

+ }

if (mgr->GetPlayerBot(guid))

{

PSendSysMessage("Bot already exists in world.");

SetSentErrorMessage(true);

Honor points to prevent the brush

Hi,

Thanks for your contribution, but I'm a littlie puzzled as to what it does. I found the location where your patch should be inserted (HandlePlayerbotCommand in PlayerbotMgr.cpp, where bot(s) are summoned or added to the player's world session)

Following your code this prevents mixed teams (HORDE & ALLIANCE)

1. Setup a pointer to the players world session.

2. Test whether the player's team faction is different from the team faction of the bot, you are trying to summon.

3. If different, send warning to the client, and return true ? (Shouldn't this be false)

Thanks again ;)

Hi Guys,

They have been renaming things again :rolleyes: and have missed one! MaNGOS[9630] & [9631]

There is a typo in LootMgr.cpp that prevents compilation in Windows. Suprisingly the error is not flagged on linux

#include "SpellMgr.h"

static eConfigFLoatValues const qualityToRate[MAX_ITEM_QUALITY] = {

CONFIG_FLOAT_RATE_DROP_ITEM_POOR, // ITEM_QUALITY_POOR

The enum declaration has been changed in World.h

You will notice the 'L' highlighted above, this has to be changd to lowercase.

EDIT They have fixed it in MaNGOS[9632]

Hope this helps

Hi! blueboy,

I fix bot quests command to display quest locate title.

Here is the QuestTitleLocalization.patch

diff --git a/src/game/PlayerbotAI.cpp b/src/game/PlayerbotAI.cpp
index 1ab9116..66b352f 100644
--- a/src/game/PlayerbotAI.cpp
+++ b/src/game/PlayerbotAI.cpp
@@ -2699,13 +2699,20 @@ void PlayerbotAI::HandleCommand(const std::string& text, Player& fromPlayer)
                    if(uint32 questId = m_bot->GetQuestSlotQuestId(slot))
                    {
                          Quest const* pQuest = sObjectMgr.GetQuestTemplate(questId);
+                          
+                          std::string questTitle  = pQuest->GetTitle();
+                          m_bot->GetPlayerbotAI()->QuestLocalization(questTitle, questId);
+
                          if (m_bot->GetQuestStatus(questId) == QUEST_STATUS_COMPLETE) {
                               hasCompleteQuests = true;
-                               comout << " |cFFFFFF00|Hquest:" << questId << ':' << pQuest->GetQuestLevel() << "|h[" << pQuest->GetTitle() << "]|h|r";
+                               comout << " |cFFFFFF00|Hquest:" << questId << ':' << pQuest->GetQuestLevel() << "|h[" << questTitle << "]|h|r";
                          }
                          else {
                               hasIncompleteQuests = true;
-                               incomout << " |cFFFFFF00|Hquest:" << questId << ':' << pQuest->GetQuestLevel() << "|h[" << pQuest->GetTitle() << "]|h|r";
+                               incomout << " |cFFFFFF00|Hquest:" << questId << ':' << pQuest->GetQuestLevel() << "|h[" <<  questTitle << "]|h|r";
                          }
                    }
               }

Hope this helps

Cheers