Playerbot (archive)

Sorry for asking a newb question, but I am a newb.

Is this ALL I have to do? Run "git pull git://github.com/blueboy/portal.git" in git bash and I'm done? It took me awhile to get my server running and I'd rather not screw it up.

No, you have to create a patch file. See 1st page of this topic, and then apply it

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for asking a newb question, but I am a newb.

Is this ALL I have to do? Run "git pull git://github.com/blueboy/portal.git" in git bash and I'm done? It took me awhile to get my server running and I'd rather not screw it up.

Yes, if you wish to merge the code on portal (master branch) with an existing local git repository. If you try to download to anything but a git repository, you will get

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

If all goes well, the code will download and merge. If your existing server source code conflicts in any way with the code on portal, you will have to resolve these before the merge takes effect. If you prefer, you can create a standalone patch as explained in post #1689, and apply this to your server source code (using git apply with --check option to check for possible merge conflicts).

EDIT: Sorry I don't read my own posts :D I have corrected the git apply option

Hope this helps

i've pulled the lastest repo in this morning and it is working 100%, i have mangos 11195, playerbot(portal+flight+loot fix+ sharedbots),ahbot,vehicles,mmaps.

i have a question , how do i make bots follow me on flight ? i did test the new flight code and they still aren't using the Flight system(note:they have the paths discovered)

Hi Guys

@mrelfire Thanks for the info. There was an addition to the core in MaNGOS [11193] (World.cpp), that caused a merge conflict. This has now been corrected and I have pushed the changes to portal.

@vladex

The criteria for bots to follow the player are,

bot must be in the player group.

bot must be able to interact with the flighmaster (i.e close enough, same faction)

bot must know the destination node (if the bot does not know the start node and can interact with the flightmaster, it will be learnt).

bot must have enough money to cover the cost of the flight.

bot must have the m_movementOrder set to follow

If the bots still do not fly, let me know

@toni1883 sharedbots allow you to share a character from another account. This can be useful if you need characters from separate accounts to exchange items. It is not designed to promote cheating or allow users to build very large raid groups. If you wish to try out the code on the https://github.com/blueboy/portal/tree/sharedbots alpha branch, read bot_readme.txt on that branch

Sharing bots across accounts:

=============================

It is possible to a load a bot from another account. This must be done by a player from a second account adding the master player to their friend's list and set a note with the keyword 'shared' on that player. After it is setup the bot can be added using either the botguy menu or the .bot add command if enabled.

Example: Frank and Bob are characters owned by different accounts. Bob would like to use Frank as a playerbot. Frank must add Bob as a friend then right click on Bob in the friend's list, click Set Note, then type 'shared'. Frank would not be able to use Bob as a playerbot until Bob setup Frank as above.

Hope this helps and please provide feedback on all code tested

an update to flight: i forgot to mention that they all did have the things you mentioned, i did a server restart and then retryed , nothing happened

ill disable mmaps maybie that is what is causing the trouble.

another question : survey and get does not work (collect objects enabled,also collect quest enabled) except when i tell the bots to skin/herb/mine,it doesn't work on a chest or object quest item , and ideas why ?

i did delete my cache folder, yes not it shows as it should be, thanks.

still there is a problem with the looting part,i did apply the loot-fix-bt branch

O.K, so your bots are now flying, as they should. To resolve the looting issue, we need some details so we can try to reproduce what your getting. Can you copy & paste the server output (debug log = 3) when survey and or get fails. This will help use pinpoint what is going wrong.

I will assume you have a group of bots and you have all loot collect objects enabled in playerbot.conf

/p survey

Do you get a list of game objects?, looking something like [Copper Vein][battered Chest][silverleaf]

<Shift> click on required game object

/p get[Copper Vein]

Do all the bots travel to the game object location?

Only those bots with the required skills will be able to collect the game object. (client output looking something like this)

[botname] receives loot [Copper Ore]

[botname] receives loot [Rough Stone]x6

If a bot successfully collects the object, check whether the game object is added to the collect list for that bot

/p collect

[botname]Whispers: I'm collecting all loot, profession, quest items after combat and nearby objects (Copper Vein)

Occasionally, bots will fail to collect objects. This is also true for players, particularly after gaining new abilities such the ability to mine Tin. Retry and eventually the bot should succeed. If not let us know.

Cheers

ok i recompiled playerbots with the lastest core + looting branch + flight +sharedbots.

everything is working fine now, don't know what caused it .

Isn't that always the way :D Glad you got it working. I hope you enjoy the new features added from the alpha branches. I really like BThallid's work with looting. Please let us know what you think.

Cheers

ok i found a bug. I have added a bot named "bane" to the world, i we take a flight to orgrimmar, then he follows me (as he should),but if i logout and logon that character it will rebegin the flight process and take me through every object/ground (noclip),to the original destination and then i fly to orgrimmar as normal.

ill try makeing a video soon about this.I may not be that exact in explanations.

Hi vladex,

So you interrupted the flight by first logging out and then you log back in. I have just tried this on my server. The player continues the flight from the point where I logged off. In the case of the bot, I needed to summon the bot again and as such was not flying.

When you log back in as the player, does the bot still show up as been a member of the player group, but with the avatar grayed out and unavailable (prior to summoning)?

Or, did you log off as the player and log back in as the bot "bane"?

When I tried this, the bot was still in flight, but again continued from the point at which I logged out.

I guess the video will answer these questions, I look forward to seeing it.

Thanks for the feedback and your time

Cheers

yes , after i arrived in orgrimmar ( me and my bot bane and others) , i logged out of my main char entered on the bot Bane,then it instantly sends me by flight back from i took the flight (Thunderbluff) and after i get there i actually fly again to orgrimmar... ill be posting a video when i got back home.

yes , after i arrived in orgrimmar ( me and my bot bane and others) , i logged out of my main char entered on the bot Bane,then it instantly sends me by flight back from i took the flight (Thunderbluff) and after i get there i actually fly again to orgrimmar... ill be posting a video when i got back home.

I tried what you did.

A player and two bots. We flew from Menethil Harbor to Westfall. As soon as the player arrived, I logged out. I then logged back in as each of the bots. Interestingly, they were still in flight but dismounted and landed safely, just short of the destination in Westfall. Something very weird is happening on your server. I know you are taking a different flight path, but that shouldn't matter.

If anyone else is reading this :D and would like to try this out on their server, it would be a great help us..

EDIT: @vladex You haven't altered the delay times set for the player and bots (i.e 12 seconds between player and lead bot, then 3 seconds for every subsequent bot). I did extensive tests initially with these and got some strange effects if I reduced them from the current settings (i.e bots teleporting while in flight to the flight destination).

Cheers

hmm.. it seems i got it working right now , somehow one of the other bots didn't had the flight path discovered, but shouldn't that bot just dont fly ? and not bugging the others?

That's right. If the bot doesn't know either of the nodes it won't fly and if it

o doesn't know destination node. It will be left behind.

o doesn't know the start node, but can interact with the flightmaster, it will learn the node and fly (as long as it knows the

destination node).

O.K I've just found a bug myself :o

- bot knows two nodes Stormwind and Ironforge.

- player knows Westfall, Stormwind, Ironforge, Thorium Point and Menethil Harbor.

If the player flies between Stormwind & Ironforge the bot follow and with any other destination it will be left behind.

However, if the player first flies to Menethil Harbor and I then summon the bot (/p follow) it goes bananas :rolleyes:

If the player flies to Westfall, the bot follows the player to Westfall and even flies via Thorium Point, also unknown to the bot. If I then log out and get the bot to teleport to Stormwind, the flightmaster shows that the bot still only knows, Stormwind, Ironforge and Menethil Harbor, which it has newly learnt. I will have to find a way to close this loophole, so this doesn't happen

Cheers

Hi,

I've found the cause of the flight issue. The flight path or spline is stored in a list (nodes). The first element of this list signifies the start node and is indexed as zero (nodes[0]). I mistakenly took the destination element as having an index of one (nodes[1]). This is true for single node flight, but incorrect for multi-node flight.

I now index the destination node by taking the size of the node list and subtracting one (nodes[nodes.size()-1]). This now correctly points at the last or destination node for both single and multi-node flight.

I will update the flight branch shortly, but in the meantime here is a patch

diff --git a/src/game/playerbot/PlayerbotMgr.cpp b/src/game/playerbot/PlayerbotMgr.cpp
index e609ee5..1f3eb2c 100644
--- a/src/game/playerbot/PlayerbotMgr.cpp
+++ b/src/game/playerbot/PlayerbotMgr.cpp
@@ -789,7 +789,7 @@ void PlayerbotAI::GetTaxi(ObjectGuid guid, std::vector<uint32>& nodes)
      if(m_bot->m_taxi.IsTaximaskNodeKnown(nodes[0]) ? 0 : 1)
          m_bot->GetSession()->SendLearnNewTaxiNode(unit);

-      if(m_bot->m_taxi.IsTaximaskNodeKnown(nodes[1]) ? 0 : 1)
+      if(m_bot->m_taxi.IsTaximaskNodeKnown(nodes[nodes.size()-1]) ? 0 : 1)
          return;

if(m_bot->GetPlayerbotAI()->GetMovementOrder() != MOVEMENT_STAY)

Hope this helps

hi blueboy, seems that the bug has returned, im not sure what it is causing it as i am even more confused,again i logged on the bot char and it seems that it has the same problem as the one before with the flight, this time everything worked normally.

no console errors i can see..

hi blueboy, seems that the bug has returned, im not sure what it is causing it as i am even more confused,again i logged on the bot char and it seems that it has the same problem as the one before with the flight, this time everything worked normally.

no console errors i can see..

Hi vladex,

I assume you have applied the patch I posted and the problems still continue..

You've got me confused now. You say the bug has returned, and it is the same one as before. Is this the problem with logging in and out, where the bots were not continuing the flight from the point of interruption, but from the beginning. I see you also finish by saying that "this time everything worked normally" What exactly is happening?

It would be useful if you could provide a snippet of your server output (debug log), when things go pear shaped. Did you manage to create a video of this issue, that might help.

To troubleshoot this flight issue, it might be necessary for you to rebuild your server, with just the portal and flight code. How are you applying the code from the flight branch. I'm assuming that you create a standalone patch and apply this to your source code before building.

Hear from you soon

by "this time everything worked normally" means that the bots did fly with me , but somehow 1 was still left behind , because i have recently discovered a new flypath , 1 of them wasn't able to learn the new path, so thats the bug. ill try retrying it to see if it is totally that way.

ill try applying the fix you posted and see if it fixes it . ill be positing in less than 20 mins

so heres an update, i have discovered 2 new flight paths, 1 of the bots still didn't learn that new path.

the bug with logging in a bot has dissappeared.

note : i am not using a clear core, i also have vehicles , ahbot and mmaps ,along with your portal branch +flight+loot-fix+sharedbots.