Mangos' Stability

No offense, but no, you can't, unless you also include custom patches designed to fix / remove crashing abilities.

I have tried several times with a completely clean DB, latest matching revisions of SD2, UDB and Mangos (for TBC) and could barely get an hour or two uptime with ~150 users on. This is on a completely dedicated server with latest OS updates. Might be different for linux (we run our servers on windows server 2003), but I very much doubt it.

Are these crashes due to the OS or compile then? Not likely: once our testserver ran the same version for around 140 days without crash (mostly as test to see how long we could keep it up - at that point I had to take it down to replace server hardware). Of course, since it was a testserver, it never had more than 5 users online at the same time.

Certain things players do simply crash the server. In my experience almost all of this is due to aura's / spellcasting / custom objects in the realm, like a Paladins Retribution Aura around revision 8200 crashing the server when he attacks a mob in netherstorm, or a priests reflective shield which somehow also crashes the server in PvP combat, or an attacking mob when you leave an instance or even a corpse in a cleaned up instance. Made a few bugreports about it, but nobody seems to care or is able to find a solution - and I'll admit we are still unsure ourself about what exactly causes crashes sometimes.

There is actually a discussion going on here about a different release style, with marked milestones and asociated feature-freezes. I would very much like to see something like that, but dev's disagree unfortunately. As it is, we usually compile, put a version up on the testserver, keep a very close eye on the bug report section and if after a week there are no new crash reports for that revision (like these). we update Generally works out :)

I was talking about 0.12 with mtmaps on linux systems. Try asking leak, barlok and others.

Sorry about that last post Moderatos and Administrators, i didnt know it wasnt allowed that is why i said tell me if im not allowed

If im allowed can i ask Whats is ScriptDev2/ACID and mtmaps and what are the benefits

Thank you all for the great support!

SD2 and ACID (EventAI) are both scripting projects for MaNGOS

Guys can you tell me how is stability after 8758 and newer commits?

It looks like all problems are fixed or is there some worked still to be done about some X crashing problem (am talking about the crashes that started happen every 5 mins to 1 hour since about 40-50 commits ago)