[HELP] Implementing Lua

Guest desch

LUA is to crashy, and is not checked very well. Like Vladmir said just like ScriptDev2 if someone wants to hook it you can load it externally like you would ScriptDev2, but personally i prefer C++ over any LUA Engine, + like i said LUA Engines are quite unstable in a lot of.. retarded cases.

This is most likely why it wasnt even looked into here, you can do loads with C++ already and at least we know C++ is stable as long as who ever writes the code does it right. I agree that LUA is very simple, but simple things have a habit of being unstable and easy to break. ;]

Mangos isnt Ez Mode like ArcEmu and in turn, its 100% more stable see the give and takes?

He compared apples to oranges anyway, i.e. a JIT compiler vs. a pure interpreter.

Compare with interpreted LUA and see quite a bit different numbers...

I'm not familiar with JIT projects for Python, but there are some like PyPy and unladen-swallow (whoever came up with that name...)

And i don't think a JIT compiler is a silver bullet either...

JIT or interpreter has same functionality and langage is comparable, the technology JIT just offer more performance than interpreter. By example PHP 1/2/3 is interpreted, PHP 4/5/6 use JIT.

LuaJIT is a library like the original Lua library, it is just more faster.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
not can enter to this "ace/Basic_Types.h"

you forgot

..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\

in luascript.sln

AdditionalIncludeDirectories="..\\..\\..\\src\\shared;..\\..\\..\\src\\framework;..\\..\\..\\dep\\include;.\\;.\\lua\\include;"\\ ..\\..\\dep\\include";.\\lua\\src;..\\..\\..\\src\\mangosd;..\\..\\..\\src\\game;".\\cpp-scripts"..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\dep\\ACE_wrappers\\"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use