Random Generator

Guest Proxzy

I suggest, you are a paranoic person. Mathematical random still means that it is possible to get a dice roll with 6 up 10 times straigh one after each other. The rolling is then still random, although it seems to be rolled by a cheater. :D

As it is pretty hard to code a real good (in terms of value gaps beween the roll results) "random" generator, you could go and try to code a more "random" gen yourself, or just let it be as it is, because then it is still "random".

A suggestion: use -> /rnd 1000 or /rnd 5000 That gives you more chance to get a wider value gap between results.

I'm paranoic about random generator too, before Mersenne Twister I've used my own random generator based on openssl, I and players was happy.

When Mersenne Twister came in, players started to complain that drop is quite not interesting, two or more identical items may drop from boss oftenly.

Recently I did openssl based generator once again, and everything is fine now.

Well imho Mersenne Twister also sux.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use