[fix] Hemorrhage & Ghostly Strike

Guest Ceris

What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

From patch notes of 3.3.3 patch, Hemorrhage and Ghostly Strike must deal more damage, when player has dagger equipped

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=48660 and ranks

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=14278

I couldnt find spell family flags for Ghostly Strike so I used Id, when Ghostly strike has only one rank

For which repository revision was the patch created?

[9754]

Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

couldnt find any

Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

me

diff --git a/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp b/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
index fe203b2..d2772d1 100644
--- a/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
+++ b/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
@@ -4983,6 +4983,20 @@ void Spell::EffectWeaponDmg(SpellEffectIndex eff_idx)
                if (weapon && weapon->GetProto()->SubClass == ITEM_SUBCLASS_WEAPON_DAGGER)
                    totalDamagePercentMod *= 1.5f;          // 150% to daggers
            }
+            // Ghostly Strike
+            else if (m_caster->GetTypeId() == TYPEID_PLAYER && m_spellInfo->Id == 14278)
+            {
+                Item* weapon = ((Player*)m_caster)->GetWeaponForAttack(m_attackType,true,true);
+                if (weapon && weapon->GetProto()->SubClass == ITEM_SUBCLASS_WEAPON_DAGGER)
+                    totalDamagePercentMod *= 1.44f;        // 144% to daggers
+            }
+            // Hemorrhage
+            else if (m_caster->GetTypeId() == TYPEID_PLAYER && (m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyFlags & UI64LIT(0x2000000)))
+            {
+                Item* weapon = ((Player*)m_caster)->GetWeaponForAttack(m_attackType,true,true);
+                if (weapon && weapon->GetProto()->SubClass == ITEM_SUBCLASS_WEAPON_DAGGER)
+                    totalDamagePercentMod *= 1.45f;        // 145% to daggers
+            }
            break;
        }
        case SPELLFAMILY_PALADIN:

edit - one question: why, for hemorrage,, damage percent is 1.44f? i think this means damage is 144% with a dagger equipped..shouldn't it be 159.5%?

and 180% for ghostly stryke?

You must count the basic damage (without daggers) as modifier 1.0, so for example with hemorrhage, modifier 1.45 represents 159.5% weapon damage

and small typo in patch, when I was copying this modifiers from my notepad, then I accidentaly switched modifiers for this two attacks, so in first post is version (now with correct coeficients) updated to revision [9754]

mh? ok, i'm a newbie in looking into mangos code and i trust you when you say what 1.45 represents 159.5 with daggers :) but why is also 1.44 with ghostly stryke? this spell should cause 180% of weapon damage so it should be higher than hemo's 1.45....

i apologize for all these questions, this is only for learning a bit of how mangos source works..:)

mh? ok, i'm a newbie in looking into mangos code and i trust you when you say what 1.45 represents 159.5 with daggers :) but why is also 1.44 with ghostly stryke? this spell should cause 180% of weapon damage so it should be higher than hemo's 1.45....

i apologize for all these questions, this is only for learning a bit of how mangos source works..:)

but ghostly strike has greater "basic damage" (without daggers)

hemorrhage has basic damage of 110% weapon damage without daggers, and 159.5% with daggers

but ghostly strike has basic damage of 125% weapon damage without daggers, and 180% with daggers

what should it check also? The class? or if the weapon is equipped in the main hand? :|

ghostly strike and hemorrhage is always performed with main hand weapon, so checking weapon used for attack means checking main hand weapon only

but what laise means is that what multiplier for damage is used on retail, when rogue has for example sword in main hand and dagger in off hand. If multiplier for daggers will be used even if dagger is not used for this attack but is present in offhand.

According to my information from retail, this bonus is applied only if rogue has dagger in hand, with which he performs attack (main hand) and doesnt count weapon in offhand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use