Gm Becoming A Monster?

• 38 years later...

I was just wondering if its possible for a GM through a command to actually *become* a chosen monster to interact with players? For events and such things?

Sadly i noticed that Mind Control doesnt work so i guess that leaves the above pretty hard to pull off?

well you can always teach yourself some boss spells put them in your shortcut bar..

then .morph yourself to that bosses DisplayID... thats about as close as you can get atm..

EDIT:

lol, sorry to say exact same thing that was said.. was watching tv and took to long to hit the submit button... but either way thats prolly your best bet..

The gm's in daoc eu used to use such a thing and it was always hilarious when a gm took control over a mob and played it. Wouldnt surprise me if blizz can do the same. Just a shame there isnt a command to actually *become* a monster. I know about the morph, picking spells etc, but it just isnt the same thing since you're still marked as a player.

This method was often used in event, and is still used in todays mmorpg games.

With project M (Sony Online Entertainment) and derivative work thereof, a monster would be copied to your character selection, and you would then play that particular character until deleted or until the event was over.

I'm quite sure that the present method of morphing would accomplish the same, and with a little scripting, this could become reasonably easy to handle in the current state of MaNGOS.

I think it would be possible to write a patch for a new command that works like controlling a hunter pet (seeing anything out of the pets view) but that works with every mob and that the mob keeps his faction and flag etc. For the spells the hunter pet bar could be used by getting the spellIDs from spell1, spell2 .... in the creature_template DB. Would be much work but possible!