MMaps Redux

Guest auntieMangos

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this done? or need more implementations?

If by "done" you mean "ready for testing" - then it is "done".

We do need detailed reports. Both negative and positive, so we could evaluate how the code really runs.

Things like with and without mem/cpu loads, bug reports, issues - pretty much anything that will allow us get a better picture of things that have to be done.

In general, if we talking about moving this thread to "under review" section. We need to list some criteria for that. Things that have to be finished prior.

It can also be nice to have some of the dev's to look around the code and pitch us few ideas for improvement, some general things.

Maybe we can make that criteria list. Things we want done by the time of review.

Right now, I can't remind known bugs. Just missing features and some ill defined conditions.

not sure if this should be put here as well, but since pathing is involved and all... on Live servers, creatures dont regen or clear auras till they reach home position once they hit that spot, all auras cleared and gain instantly full health... at least from my tests...

not sure if this should be put here as well, but since pathing is involved and all... on Live servers, creatures dont regen or clear auras till they reach home position once they hit that spot, all auras cleared and gain instantly full health... at least from my tests...

Not really related to pathfinding.

Its the same on clean mangos. Issue with evade code. Please open bug report over bug section.

Hello!

Last time I have very often crash

Call stack:
Address Frame Function SourceFile
7C80BEF7 00000000 RaiseException+3C
7857DF56 00000000 _CxxThrowException+48
00472CD0 00000000 operator new[]+40
0068F6BD 00000000 dtCustomAlloc+D
00401965 00000000 dtNavMesh::init+95
00964FF8 00000000 MMAP::MMapManager::loadMapData+278

And:

Call stack:
5BFBA380 00000000 0000:00000000
005A7C80 00000000 Player::`vector deleting destructor'+50
00497F4A 00000000 Map::DeleteFromWorld+4A
0049A23B 00000000 Map::Remove+3CB
00680B24 00000000 WorldSession::LogoutPlayer+C34
008D73BE 00000000 WorldSession::HandleLogoutRequestOpcode+29E
00682EC4 00000000 WorldSession::ExecuteOpcode+34
0067F65E 00000000 WorldSession::Update+11E
006918AE 00000000 World::UpdateSessions+FE
0068FD3D 00000000 World::Update+43D
00472A92 00000000 WorldRunnable::run+92
00A750E9 00000000 ACE_Based::Thread::ThreadTask+19
00292E34 00000000 ?invoke@ACE_OS_Thread_Adapter@@UAEKXZ+74
78543433 00000000 endthreadex+44
785434C7 00000000 endthreadex+D8
7C82482F 00000000 GetModuleHandleA+DF

mmaps is tune off...

Hello!

Last time I have very often crash

Call stack:
7C80BEF7 00000000 RaiseException+3C
7857DF56 00000000 _CxxThrowException+48
00472CD0 00000000 operator new[]+40
0068F6BD 00000000 dtCustomAlloc+D
00401965 00000000 dtNavMesh::init+95
00964FF8 00000000 MMAP::MMapManager::loadMapData+278

You are running out of memory. Plain simple.

Are you using latest version? Some info can be handy here. How ( on what maps, etc) this can be reproduced.

And:

mmaps is tune off...

Don't see how it is related to mmaps.

faramir118 : what do you think about what I said in post #821. The criteria part.

what do you think about what I said in post #821. The criteria part.

• fix/test existing bug reports
    transports (haven't personally confirmed this)
    npcs slowing as they move to dest (hard to reproduce)
  • actively try to exploit pathfinding in game
    cheating is something I want to avoid just as badly as crashes
  • and again, more testers
    If you have english speaking players, tell them they can report bugs directly to us
    If you have questions, ask
    If you don't find any problems, tell us!
  • It's not too early for a code review from a dev
    I expect small, local changes. But the system as a whole shouldn't change much

• fix/test existing bug reports
    transports (haven't personally confirmed this)
    npcs slowing as they move to dest (hard to reproduce)

Transports ... just checked some (no problem spotted), is there any special complain, or anything to reproduce?

Anyway, just pushed latest mmaps to my 2 player testserver (thank you university upload :-) (1.3GB in less than 5 minutes)) will report soon.

Regards

Skirnir

PS: MaNGOS 10994 - ScriptDev2 - AHBot - YTDB R579

[Edit] The extracted patch file I used, w/o RecastDemo and w/o visual studio files and w/o 13xx whitespaces : http://paste2.org/p/1186017

• Transports (boats, zeppelin, etc)
    a) NPCS don't move with transports like players do (not implemented in core, as far as I can tell)
    b) even if a is fixed, we can't pathfind onto a transport for a lot of reasons. Simply detecting when start/end pos is on a transport is sketchy.
  • npcs slowing as they move to dest
    There are a few places in the core where MoveChase is called almost every update cycle, sometimes more than once per cycle. Destroying and creating the movement generator like this means the NPC never actually moves.
    Need to re-write some of this code.
    Some stack traces here.
    edit: There's more to it... need more debugging to find root cause of this.

What did I do wrong? I just tried to get 10993 up with just this mod and no matter what I do I get my vmaps/maps file is outdated please update your maps error, but I created them with 3.3.5 (12340) and they are just fine on a core with out mmaps.

Hello

have the same problem , i extracte with the AD.EXE in "build contrib/extractor" and take the maps and put in directory mangos it's not work.

And when i compile a simple core the maps work with the same config.

:/

@faramir118 I did build the new ad extractor, I also tried to duild a new MoveMapGen and still same result also I did set the mmaps in the config to 0 and the use vmaps to 0 with the same result...I basically pulled mangos then mmaps_rewrite, fixed the VC100 error compiled mangos, then SD2 then ad.exe dropped ad in my wow dir along with vmap3 and it's batch files ran them then moved MoveMapGen and ran it with default (took 12 hours) and then tried it all together boom error with vmaps then I compiled with out mmaps and it ran....was this wrong or did I miss something?

If you're on Windows, AD defaults to debug mode and the binary is called ad_debug.exe. Switch to release mode, or use the debug binary...

Other than that, just make sure you copied the maps into the mangos data directory after you extracted them...

• Open your mangos data directory.
  • Open the map directory.
  • Open one of the .map files in a text editor.
  • If it says MAPSv1.1 at the beginning, you're using the old maps. mmaps requires MAPSv1.2

Also, you don't need to re-extract or re-assemble vmaps - mangos master's vmaps are exactly the same.

Anyway, just pushed latest mmaps to my 2 player testserver (thank you university upload :-) (1.3GB in less than 5 minutes)) will report soon.

I guess it is "solved"

• Transports (boats, zeppelin, etc)
    a) NPCS don't move with transports like players do (not implemented in core, as far as I can tell)
    b) even if a is fixed, we can't pathfind onto a transport for a lot of reasons. Simply detecting when start/end pos is on a transport is sketchy.

Transports maps aren't yet implemented in mangos, tho, there was patch somewhere.

From what I remember, it is done, not by actually moving anything, just translating local map position to global world position. So, from our point of view, this should not change anything for us - same logic as normal maps. But it depends on how it will get implemented on mangos. But early talking about it :)

Blade's Edge Arena

map: 562

x: 6243.017578

y: 267.434357

z: 11.084449

tile: 5622031.mmtile

http://filebeam.com/12ea38182daab4b7fc79533d68fc8a0d.jpg - without bigBaseUnit

http://filebeam.com/17c0a9790f33d2d4609c6e7446e4eef2.jpg - with bigBaseUnit

marked places must be walkable

There is no generic solution for this piggy. The only thing I can think about, is allowing to manually edit some meshes. I think we can do it by editing the input mesh. but, mehhhh....

There is no generic solution for this piggy. The only thing I can think about, is allowing to manually edit some meshes. I think we can do it by editing the input mesh. but, mehhhh....

What do you think about fixing these kinds of spots with offmesh links? Could hardcode them in sources or new db table

What do you think about fixing these kinds of spots with offmesh links? Could hardcode them in sources or new db table

I think it should be done by different utility.

Something that gets specific tile, loads it, and patches it accordingly to given input.

Not the prittiest thing around, but it will get the job done.

I don't think we should add hacks into core to handle those issues. Simply since this should e done only once - when maps are generated and NOT every server run.