Spell Work in C#

Guest Konctantin

My mistake. I thought it was written in Delphi. Must be because of the association with Borland.

Since C# is a proprietary programming language, owned by Microsoft, aren't there concerns over portability as well as the longevity of the code base, should MS drop C# or modify it in the future to be incompatible with legacy code?

Since C# is a proprietary programming language, owned by Microsoft, aren't there concerns over portability as well as the longevity of the code base, should MS drop C# or modify it in the future to be incompatible with legacy code?

C# is not necessarily a proprietary language; it is standardized, and it is supported by most platforms near completely. The only problem with it is that the people pushing it and developing it is (mostly) MS and there are some patent issues.

</offtopic>

Nice tool, very useful for looking up the details of spells.

I'm wary of anything MS pushes as a "standard". Past examples include their attempts to co-opt Java and C++ with their own "brands". Anytime you're dealing with matters of software patents, it's a minefield that can leave developers out on the proverbial limb. I'd say D seems to be a better choice if you're looking for an open source alternative to C#.

Nonetheless, I'm glad to see development and improvement of SpellWork continue. I've only just toyed with this tool, but it seems to be very useful for any MaNGOS developer. I look forward to learning more with SpellWork C# Edition. :)

The latest compiled version, includes support for the database.

As for the table spell_proc_event need to take data in columns SpellFamilyMask0, SpellFamilyMask1, SpellFamilyMask2, they are taken directly from the dbc and do not change or somehow generated?

in old spell_work they were loaded from dbc by spell family name and you could choose different spell masks , better if you copy it as it was I think..

I'm wary of anything MS pushes as a "standard". Past examples include their attempts to co-opt Java and C++ with their own "brands". Anytime you're dealing with matters of software patents, it's a minefield that can leave developers out on the proverbial limb. I'd say D seems to be a better choice if you're looking for an open source alternative to C#.

Nonetheless, I'm glad to see development and improvement of SpellWork continue. I've only just toyed with this tool, but it seems to be very useful for any MaNGOS developer. I look forward to learning more with SpellWork C# Edition. :)

C# is an ECMA standard (ECMA-334) and has been for years now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Good job. Really nice program.

One question, if I want to find all spells that have SPELL_ATTR_PASSIVE as one of the attributes, what must I do? I know it must be done from Advanced Filters, but how exactly. Thanks

Later edit: The solution is the Attributes&X dialog box. I found out that SPELL_ATTR_PASSIVE = 0x40 (from mangos source). Converted to DEC it's 64. So Attributes&X = 64. It works but, after I search I also want to filter somehow the search results. "Spell search" and "Spell filter" seem to be independent. For example I want all spells with Attributes&X = 64 and Aura Id 232 (SPELL_AURA_MECHANIC_DURATION_MOD). Something like that. How can I do that?

Even later edit: I found a way to combine spell search with the spell filter. Now it works. =) If anyone is interested, post here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use