Need Help - Server Crash with No Error

I had problems compiling with Visual Studio Express 2010 so I ditched it and uninstalled and used 2008 instead.

I'm running the win32 version of the latest 3.3.3a and it works flawlessly on a win x64 box (Mangos, ScriptDev2, ACID)

I suggest if it is your first attempt to scrap everything and start again its actually faster than fixing problems.

The whole process takes about 2 hours from start to finish (even faster if you automate it).

Rename your old mangos folder and forget about it.

Follow this guide by Temporary

http://getmangos.eu/community/showthread.php?13121-World-of-Warcraft-Server-for-Windows-Installation-Guide

The only thing I would suggest differently obviously is to compile the latest version.

And copy the binaries in a simple folder such as C:\\Mangos and drop in the data folders.

When you launch realmd and mangosd do it from the actual folder. You should end up with something like this.

C:\\Mangos

C:\\Mangos\\buildings

C:\\Mangos\\dbc

C:\\Mangos\\maps

C:\\Mangos\\vmaps

So if it works fine with a 2008 recompile your all happy. If exactly the same problem then I would delete your databases and do them again.

If you like you can back up the old databases by exporting them as SQL dumps so you can import them again if you need or for troubleshooting.

Just make sure you always import into a fresh database.

I moved my server and restored it this way - copied the mangos folder, installed mysql, made empty databases, imported the sql dumps, launched it.

I might try compiling the win64 version but really theres no need as its running so well.

• 40 years later...

Ok so, I recently got Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and used the mangosdVC100.sln to compile. It worked perfectly.

I then converted my ScriptDev2 project to VS2010 using the VS2010 project conversion wizard. After that, I had a couple errors and was able to get them fixed. I'll post those next in case they are relevant to my actual issue:

Error 1:

1>------ Build started: Project: ScriptDev2, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>  Extracting revision
1>C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\\WoW Server\\mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2\\VC90\\..\\..\\..\\..\\bin\\Win32_Release\\ScriptDev2.dll) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (C:\\WoW Server\\mangos\\bin\\Win32_Release\\MaNGOSScript.dll). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
1>C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(992,5): warning MSB8012: TargetName(ScriptDev2) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (MaNGOSScript). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
1>     Creating library ..\\..\\..\\..\\bin\\Win32_Release\\MaNGOSScript.lib and object ..\\..\\..\\..\\bin\\Win32_Release\\MaNGOSScript.exp
1>precompiled.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall WorldObject::BuildUpdateData(class std::tr1::unordered_map<class Player *,class UpdateData,class std::hash<class Player *>,struct std::equal_to<class Player *>,class std::allocator<struct std::Pair<class Player * const,class UpdateData> > > &)" (?BuildUpdateData@WorldObject@@UAEXAAV?$unordered_map@PAVPlayer@@VUpdateData@@V?$hash@PAVPlayer@@@std@@U?$equal_to@PAVPlayer@@@4@V?$allocator@U?$pair@QAVPlayer@@VUpdateData@@@std@@@4@@tr1@std@@@Z)
1>..\\..\\..\\..\\bin\\Win32_Release\\MaNGOSScript.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Fix:

1.  Right-click 'ScriptDev2' in the Solution Explorer and choose 'properties'.

2. Change 'Target Name' from a variable to:  MaNGOSScript

3. Expand 'Linker', click 'General.  Under 'Additional Library Directories', the first directory in the list should be:

..\\..\\..\\..\\win\\VC100\\mangosd__Win32_Release

4.  Click Apply and close the window.

5. Clean Solution, Then [b]RE[/b]Build

Now both Mangos and SD2 are compiling successfully and I can turn the server on. However, now the server is crashing without any errors at all. The last thing in my server log:

2010-04-16 17:23:04 
2010-04-16 17:23:04 >> Loaded 1453 Script Waypoint nodes.

When it crashes, if I choose to Debug with VS2010, VS opens and a little window pops open with options "Break" or "Continue". If I choose continue, my mangosd.exe window stays 'grayed out', but it does actually continue to run and I can log in and actually play the game without any further troubles. My VS2010 debugger window:

'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WoW Server\\mangosd.exe', Symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WoW Server\\libeay32.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\ws2_32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\sspicli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\cryptbase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\sechost.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\nsi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\lpk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\usp10.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\winsxs\\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4974_none_50940634bcb759cb\\msvcr90.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WoW Server\\dbghelp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\version.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\msvcr100.dll', Symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WoW Server\\ACE.dll', Symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\mswsock.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\netapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\netutils.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\srvcli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\wkscli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\msvcp100.dll', Symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WoW Server\\tbbmalloc.dll', Symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WoW Server\\libmySQL.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\wsock32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\nlaapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\dnsapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\winrnr.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\NapiNSP.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\pnrpnsp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\wshbth.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\rasadhlp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\WSHTCPIP.DLL', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WoW Server\\MaNGOSScript.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x2578) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Unhandled exception at 0x7770dcbb in mangosd.exe: 0xC0000374: A heap has been corrupted.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\IPHLPAPI.DLL', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\winnsi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\FWPUCLNT.DLL', Cannot find or open the PDB file

So... if I leave the VS2010 debugger open, I can keep running the server and am able to play, but it is using up extra resources and looks ugly taking up unnecessary space on my task bar...

Any help at all on this would be much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I already tried a fresh clean install of MaNGOS + SD2 and it was actually WORSE... I couldn't even get it to compile at all...

I do still have VS2008, but that's not the point. Don't fear change, embrace it. We need to move forward, not let ourselves get stuck in the past. My company will be switching to VS2010 EXCLUSIVELY and it would be nice to know how to use it effectively. What better chance to hone my skills than to practice on my own private projects? ;)

PS: I've been running my server since 2007. ;)

SD2 doesn't have included support for VS2010, but they specified on their forums that I could use the VS2010 Conversion Utility (which I and MANY other people have done). After the crash, when I run the debugger that allows me to continue playing, the debugger is specifying the errors are coming from Mangos related files , not SD2 files... The fact of the matter is, we don't have ANY output info at all to use to determine what the cause is...

Since it DOES work without crashing if I use VS2010 to compile Mangos, but then use VS2008 to compile SD2, that leads me full circle to suspect the issue is with the VS2010 Conversion itself. Since my very first set of errors were related to 'linker' issues, I have to wonder if my 'fix' was only on the surface of the program, allowing it to compile but ultimately still not working correctly...

"Differential diagnosis. What could cause...?" -House M.D. :P

So are you ready to just compile it with 2008 to know where your at?

The advantage of doing it the 'known to work' way is to get logs then compare.

I prefer to figure out what went wrong after I've fixed a problem rather than during.

Don't think that I didn't want everything to work in 2010 straight away also. I just know when I'm wasting time. :D

Unhandled exception at 0x7770dcbb in mangosd.exe: 0xC0000374: A heap has been corrupted.

Le thread 'Thread Win64' (0xc90) s'est arrêté avec le code 0 (0x0).

'mangosd.exe'*: Chargé 'C:\\Users\\Bloutix\\Desktop\\web dev\\Mangos\\my release\\mangosscript.dll', Le fichier binaire n'a pas été généré avec les informations de débogage.

Le thread 'Thread Win64' (0xb50) s'est arrêté avec le code 0 (0x0).

Critical error detected c0000374

Windows a déclenché un point d'arrêt dans mangosd.exe.

Cela peut être dû à une défaillance du tas qui indique un bogue dans mangosd.exe ou l'une des DLL chargées.

Cela peut également être dû à l'appui sur la touche F12 lorsque mangosd.exe a le focus.

La fenêtre Sortie peut contenir des informations de diagnostic supplémentaires.

Exception de première chance à 0x77276cd2 dans mangosd.exe*: 0xC0000374: Un segment de mémoire a été endommagé.

Exception non gérée à 0x77276cd2 dans mangosd.exe*: 0xC0000374: Un segment de mémoire a été endommagé.

'mangosd.exe'*: Chargé 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\FWPUCLNT.DLL', Cannot find or open the PDB file

Le thread 'Thread Win64' (0xa0c) s'est arrêté avec le code 0 (0x0).

Le thread 'Thread Win64' (0xc34) s'est arrêté avec le code 0 (0x0).

Le thread 'Thread Win64' (0x970) s'est arrêté avec le code 0 (0x0).

This is the problem maybe it's after database loading in SD2 when it's freeing memory for spellsummary

In SD2 ScriptMgr.cpp:

struct TSpellSummary {
   uint8 Targets;                                          // set of enum SelectTarget
   uint8 Effects;                                          // set of enum SelectEffect
}extern *SpellSummary;

MANGOS_DLL_EXPORT
void ScriptsFree()
{
   // Free Spell Summary
   delete []SpellSummary;

// Free resources before library unload
   for(int i=0; i<MAX_SCRIPTS; ++i)
       delete m_scripts[i];

num_sc_scripts = 0;
}

It's just an idea

And in VC2010 intellisense warn an error with TSpellSummary *SpellSummary at line 56

Sorry for my bad english but I'm french