DBC back to the WoW archive

Guest Kippstrahl

Hi, this is just a theoretical (hope its written correct :P) question(!) I am new to MaNGOS and its development, so my knowledge about "what is stored where?" is not very good yet. Also I am not trying to hack the live client, because it's against community rules (?) and its not my interest destroying players athmosphere.

I know, that WoW keeps many information in the DBC files which I am extracting from the WoW archive. So my question is: If you change the values (e.g. the damage multiplier in Spell.dbc) and put the DBC files back to the WoW archive, would it be possible to "yeah 50k frost bolt" on live servers? Or has the server its own "cheating protection", which checks the values in realtime (this would take probably very much CPU I think.)

All that stuff is calculated server side, for example you can change the name of a zone in the MaNGOS dbc files, and when the client runs it will show the new zone instead of the local version

This depends. Unless you patched each client, the client would still show the original zone name for everything except certain cases (such as .gps command)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use