[Working]OutdoorPvP r10049+

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C++ works the same with MaNGOS as any other software. The main thing is to know the functions, classes, and variables. Finding the changes in the core and updating the code for OutdoorPvP is the hardest part if you already know C++.

As I've said, feel free to contribute. That goes for the entire community!

I couldn't be more proud of any work I've done than I would be if everyone comes together and makes OutdoorPvP fully working. We can't always rely on single developers to do everything for us. It would be a great moment for this community to know that OutdoorPvP was completed by all of us and added to the official core.

fdb_, I've been testing UncleNuks work sofar and on the working side Zangramarsh needs attention at the last point....it's setup and doesn't work by just clicking the flag at center but right way is to go to respective teams shack at the side get a flag and run it in like BG-WSG...Terrokar Forest gives credit after only 3 towers instead of having to do all 5, Eastern Plauge Lands doesn't work at all, Helfire Doesn't update map after the first one and tower flags are missing(they stay gray) but you get achevement, Sithllis only half works, Skettis doesn't show explosions. Plus now at rev 10317 I'm getting merge errors between ahbot, vehicles, and Dualspec, 4 total

1) Creature.h

2) GossipDef.h

3) Object.h

4) Player.cpp

5) Vehicle.cpp

These are easy to fix errors but you asked....

Some of the issues with how the Outdoor PvP zones behave are likely due to incomplete SQL data and some GOs probably need scripting.

I'm learning as I work, so this might take a while for a patch as complex as this one.

As for your merge errors, everyone knows Vehicle conflicts with everything! lol. I'm not sure why you're using DualSpec. That was added to the core a while back.

My mistake, DV. When you mentioned Dualspec, I thought you were referring to a seperate patch. There's still a few of those floating around, mostly from custom cores.

By all means, continue to disclose every detail. That's the best way to figure out what needs fixed. :)

however how do use I this, does how do I from it a patch capable file?

I can start this thus nothing

can somebody say to me him exactly like me with it must go forward?

sorry for my bad English, I use translator

p.s. would be very nice whom to me somebody ready patch datei as a ZIP or RaR here it would purely put

thanks

edit : OK, my mistake has found why I could not patchen, now dach I had explained patch I have agreed abe some mistakes with patchen:

screen.jpg

I have Mangos Revision 10321

Yes and the only person I know of working on it is doing their best but they are still learning basic C++, yes he's getting good fast! and the only reason I've figured out thing faster is because of all the ASM programming I've done but he's the one thats done all the C++ writing....Yes I'm talking about you UncleNuke....Have a good day and don't let your eyes go crazy again from all of that reading...

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. :)

I'm really trying and hope to make OutdoorPvP even better. Some days, I feel like a man trying to empty a flooding pool with a drinking straw. There's just so much to take in and absorb. I may be drowning in the deep end on those days, but I'm having fun doing so! C++ is a little easier than learning the MaNGOS source. lol

I owe it all to you, DaViper... and I'll pay you back for this if it takes me a hundred lifetimes!! :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry about the lack of updates. Life has thrown me a few curves and kept me rather busy with more pressing matters. Plus, my mentor has been having hardware issues that have prevented us from keeping in regular touch.

If you have any code to contribute, please feel free to do so. Outdoor PvP is something I hope everyone can work together to finally bring into the core. :)

Sorry about the lack of updates. Life has thrown me a few curves and kept me rather busy with more pressing matters. Plus, my mentor has been having hardware issues that have prevented us from keeping in regular touch.

If you have any code to contribute, please feel free to do so. Outdoor PvP is something I hope everyone can work together to finally bring into the core. :)

Sorry UnkleNuke but I'm still forced down...I got a new System but still can't get my ports open to do anything plus like you I'm busy as 2 cats on a hot tin roof while the place burns down under them!....

I have some extra script for the Venture Bay - Grizzly Hills outdoor pvp area.

I will post it if it helps. ;)

Please do, Xfurry! Everyone is welcome to contribute anything useful, no matter how small. Even correcting typos is a help.

If you wish, set up a Github repository, then your code and any other changes you may make can be easily merged into the main code base.

However, I'm not picky. If you prefer just pasting the code and letting others merge it, that's also fine.

@DaemonCantor:

Hello, my friend! Glad to see you're at least still online. I'm hoping to get my nose back to the grindstone within the next week, and at least try to rebase the Outdoor code so it will apply to the core and resume a workable state. I have the sinking feeling that the current work on mmaps redux may require yet more modifications to keep this patch compatible. It may be necessary to have a separate branch for that.

My server is still out of action, so we can't use it as a fallback for communicating.... yet. More news as it happens on that front.

If some sort of map or zone scripting is added, I don't see why these outdoor PvP things couldn't be part of it. So this patch might be redundant in the future.

You mean map or zone scripting like instance scripting with sd2? Then it would probably better to suspend this OutdoorPVP development and focus on this specific interface to script map and/or zones...

main problem with sd2 and openpvp might but be, that 'we' sd2 guys seem to be no pvp guys at all, so there will be some additional man-power be needed to get things done

Well, that will be difficult till nearly nobody will do openpvp from vanilla, tbc and wotlk when cata is arrived :S