Help updating mangos. Losing items after update.

Guest Spent

Hello, I am here for quite a long time, following with interest the project.

I am having a mangos running on my PC since tbc and play on it and update it for from time to time. But this time I am having some problems moving to the new revision.

Last update from rev 9193 to 9850 went well. But now I am having a problem updating from 9850 to 10198.

I update from:

MaNGOS rev 9850

UDB ver 390

SD2 rev 1677

Updating of the db went with no errors.

realmd db if ok

mangos db is latest full udb with the following updates till 391 and after that sql updates from the mangos/sql folder

Compiling mangos and sd2 went also with no erros.

mangos.conf realmd.conf scriptdev2.conf are configured

I have doubt in this new options for char deletion that appeared since 9850, I could be making a mistake there maybe

Here arethe Startup Erros I am posting a single error per type. Think they are not related to item dissapearing:

ERROR:Item (Entry: 41133) not correct 52899 display id,

ERROR:Creature (Entry: 5879) has non-existing Spell1

ERROR:Creature (Entry: 36957) are using modelid_H (30751),

ERROR:Table `creature` has creature (GUID: 131099) with non existing creature entry 36881, skipped.

ERROR:Creature (GUID: 12954) does not exist but has a record in `creature_addon`

ERROR:Table `achievement_criteria_requirement`.`criteria_id` 5474 does not exist, ignoring.

At the end

Player:: DeleteOldChars: Deleting all characters which have been deleted 30 days before...

I try to update to :

MaNGOS rev: 10198

UDB: 0.12.0 (391) for MaNGOS 9999

SD2 rev: 1702

And finally my problem. I updated "successfully". Server is running. I can login with my character. All character are there, dressed with items.

(For information total character are about 40-50 in 6-7 accounts.)

When I log into the world with a random character the char is naked with no gear, empty Main Bag, other 4 bags are also missing. Bank is empty, gbank empty too.

Then when I loot some item, equip it, or place it in the bags, this item is not disapearing anymore, it is saved. If I relog items are there.

Like if only the initial items at first login time gets "deleted". Besides some of the items (5-6) are sent via email with the blizz logo, saying something like: those items cannot be put in bag slots so sending via email.

To summarize. characters are there skills, spells,quests, achievements (looks to be ok). But items, equiped and in the bags dissapear on the first login, and only on the first time character enters the world.

Until rev9850, only AHbot patch was applied after the initial mangos source. In rev 10198, no core patches were applied, only "clean" mangos git clone.

Could you advise me how to keep my charactes, in the new revision. Where could be the problem. There are 2-3 chars that are from the tbc, with lots of quests, recipes and achievements I dont wanna lose now.

Excuse my bad english.

Thanks

Of Course, a good comunity is a helpfull one.

Still have no clue what was the cause for this issue.

After couple of unsuccessfull attemps with different revisions(all were the latest ones) I tried again with rev.10268 and the new udb 392 updatepack.

This time, it was a successful migration from 9850 to 10286. All the equipment is now here in 3.3.5 :)

No problems observed for the last 24 hours.

Problem still unknown, cure unknown. In rev 10286 problem is no more, character migration(update) was successful.

But still, Startup errors dissapeared by dumping my mangos database and Importing a fresh clean one from udb. Though, I must reapplly my custom stuff, but it was worth it.

Hope this is helpfull.

Best Regards,

Spent

I'm guessing he deleted is client cache files. That usually fixes the naked problems here. Anytime I update the server I tell everyone to delete the cache files. Eliminates a lot of whining.

No, cache is still with 3.3.3 content, since I copy+update my 3.3.3a client. A good reminder anyway :), but items appeared with the "old" Cache folder.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use