So long.. and thanks for all the fish..

Guest BlueSteel

i dont see people apologizing about thinking svn is better than git

Of course they're not apologizing for that. In their opinion, SVN is better than Git. By definition, opinions are not wrong. Ever.

Opinions are not based on fact, they are based on someone's feelings.

Ok, so they like SVN and you don't. Instead of insulting them, try presenting facts about how git is better than SVN.

I (and all people i communicate with) are absolutely satisfied with my social skills. i have nothing against people i like and share same correct thoughts with

You're communicating with everyone who reads this thread, and several have expressed distaste for your social skills.

I have to point out that this part I quoted comes off as being extremely arrogant and pompous, whether you intended as much or not.

a ) How are you so certain all you communicate with are absolutely satisfied with your social skills? Has this been verified by independent sources?

-Nobody can please everyone all the time.

b ) The implication in the second sentence is that you and those that share your opinions, are the ones with correct thoughts. It also implies you don't like people who opinions different than your own.

"OMG! they disagree with me! Call the Thought Police!"

P.S. Vanilla is my favorite flavor of ice cream. Even if you like chocolate, I still prefer vanilla. This is based solely on my personal experience and opinion. If you don't like it, tough. I refuse to apologize for preferring vanilla ice cream.

I think discussion go to offtopic. If this will go in current way, i will just close it.

Totally Agree. Please close.

P.S. Vanilla is my favorite flavor of ice cream. Even if you like chocolate, I still prefer vanilla. This is based solely on my personal experience and opinion. If you don't like it, tough. I refuse to apologize for preferring vanilla ice cream.

:confused: huh? What? Where did that come from?

P.S. Chocolate is better! LOL

huh? What? Where did that come from?

It's an analogy. The majority of the development world may prefer chocolate (or git) but a few people here prefer vanilla (or SVN). They're basing this preference solely on their own experience and opinion. Despite chocolate having more flavor (or git being more powerful) they want to stick with vanilla.

I tried (and apparently failed) to make my point that people are arguing about their preferences. This is pretty much useless. You're not going to change any opinions that way.

MaNGOS only sells chocolate ice cream- I mean uses git now- so that's what you have to use. Vanilla is not supported because it lacks the speed and flexibility of chocolate.

Ok this topic is getting way too funny. Ok I like to speak my mind and I know I will most likely get banned for this but it is worth it, it has to be said. We need to see this as it is, many say that mangos is at fault because they won't add patches. Either way it is for good reasons that there not added right away but I just think how much its a joke when many say that we need to stick together as a community and work together. We have people that can't work out problems without blowing up and leaving and trying to split up the community, I am not going to mention names these people know who they are lol.:huh: I believe this is call disagreements:mellow:, but the people that left and trying to break up the community in the mean while are you sure this isn't more like childish behavior. Its sad to see this happen it really is don't get me wrong I see nothing wrong with changes I just think change can happen with more peace then with destruction.

Quote 1: "And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

Quote 2: "Don't worry about the people in your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future"

Git is the tool, to make addition of patches work better. Nothing else to add. We will ban nobody for a different opinion. Get used to Git, learn how to fork, create branches, and stick to the Coding Standards described on both the GitHub Wiki and the Lighthouse issue tracker, and you will see in increase in the speed of patch inclusion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use