Stuck at "Logging into Game Server"

Guest demonmage

Do you have your realmlists configured correctly?

1) Your client's realmlist.wtf file

2) your server's MySQL Database realmd.realmlist

3) on your server set RealmID to match your database entry, and Bind IP to 0.0.0.0 in your mangos.conf file

By default you will have a realmlist entry in your database set with address 127.0.0.1 you will need to change this to an address accessible by your client, your server's LAN IP if you client is on the same local network

It all works, im using the same config and basically the same database (but just updated) that worked last time, im using Localhost for the realmlist and localhost for the realmd mysql table. also RealmID does match the realm id on the database....and bind ip was and always has been 0.0.0.0

If you think it's all correct then it may be a problem that I had with security. Turn off all anti-virus and/or firewalls and try again. I was using an anti-virus which had an inbuilt firewall which I didn't know about which caused the same thing. Drove me around the bend for weeks :D

Might also be worth setting up a no-ip account and using that in your database and realmlist.wtf to try and narrow down the problem.

My firewall has been disabled, and i dont have any "active" Anti-viruses, so that cannot be the problem...nothing has changed since i last ran the server, but this time the server is all updated. and it cannot be my routers because the server is running off my computer ._.

Well what do you mean "stuck at loging into the game"....

No details makes it harder to find a solution...

When you go in your game, i assume its on a second computer, not on the server itself

But if the game is installed on the server, i suggest you try to see if it work

If not, wheres the problem...

When you go in your game, do you see your realm? is it online or red? if so, do you see your caracters, is it when you choose your caracters that it freeze...or perhaps when you're loading the game...

Is the mangoss or realmsd giving any error in the dos box on teh server....?

it's actually pretty detailed if you bothered to read any of the posts, when you try to login to the server it will get stuck at connecting to game server. the server is click-able, on the server list, its just when i click it and it trys to login you get the error.

sorry, im not trying to be rude, but most of the questions you asked i have stated in the posts above.

edit: im not sure, but i think i have seemed to of fixed this, no clue how...but oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

also check that your realm DB has the right things set.

ip = (your external IP - if hosting a live one)

port = should be 8085 - if hosting more than 1, these have to be different.

rest should be fine

might also want to check your realmlist.wtf file if its set to the right IP/url

and that your game is the right version

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use