Sports

Guest Toinan67

Just another discussion, about sports this time.

Do you play any sport? Do you like watching sport on TV? Which team do you support? Which sportsmen do you admire the most?

I've played basketball for something like 8 years, I stopped recently. I used to watch some matches on TV (NBA), but not that much.

I try to follow the actuality in some others sports, soccer of course (even if my national team makes me want to stop...), handball (my national team is quite good at it :D), and recently I watched some "Tour de France" (quite boring after a while).

Rugby is quite fun to watch, too.

There are some sports I hate watching, such as baseball or american football. 10 min of vacuum, 30 sec of action. I really don't understand why some people are so passionnate about it (even if baseball is quite fun...when something happens).

What about you? :)

I play pool mostly. Have played for England, but now just play in the county pub leagues as that is far more fun.

Tour De France is a must for me as I was an avid cyclist in my youth and find it astonishing how these guys can do what they do. I'd hazard a guess at 99% of all humans couldn't even do 3 stages.

I watch the Superbowl every year as that is about all the American Football we get over here.

Formula 1 is also a must watch and never miss or die sport for me :D Rubens Barricello is my most admired driver. He's like a Durrecell battery, just keeps on going; and always with a smile on his face, always talks to the cameras and donates to so many charities every year. In his own words 'I can never spend all my money, so why not help those less fortunate?'

English football? Overpaid %£*&%£!!! :P

Only other thing I really enjoy when I get the chance is fishing. It's something I can do alone or with some chums, drink some beer and smoke a few in tranquillity. Damned annoying when you catch a fish, have to get it off, release it, rebate the hook and get back to your peace, as that is never the game plan hahaha.

Tour De France is a must for me as I was an avid cyclist in my youth and find it astonishing how these guys can do what they do. I'd hazard a guess at 99% of all humans couldn't even do 3 stages.

That's true, I'd even say that 100% of non-doped humans could not do 3 stages :D

English football -> over OVER OVER paid for sure...

Marathon is for crazy people.

• 3 weeks later...

I play some Lacrosse and Rugby from time to time. Not much anymore since I am out of school. I cannot watch cycling, maybe a little of the Tour d' France, but it is so boring. I have played a little football. I enjoy playing and watching golf. I love watching pool especially when it is trick shot pool. I am kind of a pool shark myself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use