C++ Runtime Library Errors

meniacle

I am running MaNGOS Rev 10401, well trying to run it anyways. It starts up fine, it compiles with no errors to begin with. It loads properly, it runs game events and broadcasting messages. But when a character logs in, the server automatically crashes, due to a C++ Runtime Library Error!

I have a Windows Server 2003 SP2 Machine, I have the Windows Server 2003 RD2 SDK. I have .Net Frameworks 4.0 with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate installed.

I am running out of ideas, I've been running the mangosd.exe through Dependency Walker, and nothing is shown to be broken or missing in the .dll dependencies..!

I would've posted one if it outputted one. But it doesn't. It's nothing.. to do with the core. It's something that's missing on my machine, a window's SDK or .Net Frameworks etc something along the lines of that, that has the missing dependencies that I need for the C++ Runtime Libraries.

I would've posted one if it outputted one. But it doesn't. It's nothing.. to do with the core. It's something that's missing on my machine, a window's SDK or .Net Frameworks etc something along the lines of that, that has the missing dependencies that I need for the C++ Runtime Libraries.

A screenshot would help us help you a whole lot

Usually if you do have Visual Studio installed, then all required runtime libraries are installed. Visual Studio includes the runtime libraries, so it can not yield that error for you, unless you have made some error in your package selection during Visual Studio installation.

OpenSSL and MySQL are included in the dep folder, so that should not be missing either.

Why not simply open your command line and run the mangos executables from there. If there is anything wrong, you should see an error message at least there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use