Custom item icon in inventory

Guest chucky.black

I think that the problem with icons for custom items can be solved through .dbc files editing. The problem is that now guid and displayid are interrelated through client (through .dbc files, obviously, but that might not be correct) and in order to solve this you need to find appropriate .dbc files which contain interrelation between guid and displayid and add there new records for your custom items. (There should be ItemDisplayInfo.dbc or similar, which contains data on visual appearance of items and their icons etc (the first column of ItemDisplayInfo.dbc contains displayid numbers). But there must be some other item related .dbc which contains all regular items' IDs and coresponding display IDs, so client always knows if your item is regular (is listed by its ID in .dbc) or custom) This is just my opinion, I don't know if that would work. Personally, I would like to try to find a solution for this problem.

for custom weapons you need to use unused weapons ids and for custom items models you need to edit server side items.dbs(only for weapons displays) becos if ya add custom items with unused id then the wep will be with same model what that id uses so in items.dbc search for that entry you made your custom and edit dispaly id what ya want and done all armor is oke ingame if you se custom items as red ? then use addon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use