1 guild on multi realm databases

if you wan't to have all things related to guild Global on Multi Realm, than it would have to be an own process handeling that all :/

e.g. GuildChat, GuildBank, GuildMembers etc maybe im just wrong and you just want that the Guild Name will be transfered, than you just have to recreate the guild on the new realm( problem with guild master would remain on old realm, if he wasn't the one getting transfered,memberlist will be nearly empty just the ones on the new realm should be there and so on)

But the design on Multi Realm plattforms is just a bit difficult ( thought there was a project trying to make mangos multiprozessing but heared nothing of it since month )

PS:

here is the thread i refered :/

http://getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=4362&page=7

• 40 years later...

Hello all,

I have a slight suggestion regarding guilds, let's explain myself

I have several world environment with for each character databases which means each a guild environment.

I f I want to move a character to new world, I lose the guild.

It will be wonderfull to merge all guild databases to one database with same environment.

What do you think?

this can be a paramater somewhere to say for each table (for examples) to have them in a specific database (like today) or to a generic database common to everybody ?

what do you think ?

you mean every guild with guildleader and so on on a special DB?

yes a special DB (realmd for example) for common tables
it would be difficult because of item guids ( especialy for guildbank)
not sure , the items guid id are common to all "normal" database

the idea is to move a character from one world to another world without losing all the benefits of the guild

=> I suspect we will need a separate process to handle these common tables

=> in my example I have 1 realmd, and 2 mangosD, and 1 new process to handle common databases across multiple mangosd

Hope I am clear...

P.S.

I have thought at using views but their is so much limitation