Anyone here using Windows with more then 50 testers online?

Guest Kane Hart

I kind have failed having to many managing issues in Linux hehe also reason I switched was once ACE came out for some reason Mangos was lossing its connection every like hour or so from a ACE bug.. I think it was fixed anyways.

But here is my question..

How many players you got on AVG and what windows os u using? Any tips or advices.

Please not flaming that I want to use windows I know linux is good to but this is easy on me.

I kind have failed having to many managing issues in Linux hehe also reason I switched was once ACE came out for some reason Mangos was lossing its connection every like hour or so from a ACE bug.. I think it was fixed anyways.

But here is my question..

How many players you got on AVG and what windows os u using? Any tips or advices.

Please not flaming that I want to use windows I know linux is good to but this is easy on me.

I have problems with Windows, too. Heavy lag problems, without ACE at least no DCs. But it like to get a "MySQL Server has gone" when it doesn't lag for a while...

So yeh, Mangos is not Windows friendly thats a fact. Only possibility is Linux at the moment cause nobody take care of the Windows users or it take a bit more time till fixes appear for it.

bevor ACE i have 120+ Testers on windows server 2008 using 4gb ram and 2.1ghz dual opteron.

but i will switch to 8gb ram and quad core +1 gbit connection

I'm running on Windows Server 2008, between 80 and 120 testers online.

Two Xeon Quadcores 2.4 Ghz (using two cores and 4 GB RAM on dedicated server) Gigabit connection.

Lot of lag, freezes and dc's (every 3 hours) since ACE.

Thinking about switch to Linux.

We have a Windows Server 2003 running. Mostly it works great with around 100 testers. Bevor ACE we have him running 48 hours without any crash.

The most crash came from SD2 scripts or lags from mapping, so I hope in the nearly future the multithreaded maps will solve this problems. The map problems occurs if more then 2 instance on one map is living and working at the same time on a script.

The Server runs with 2GB RAM because its the WebEdition and at this time we havent the chance to change this. Anyway the core is a dualcore.

So we are more happy with win than with linux, because a sceond on running on an ubuntu feisty and often brings many problems with SD2, mobhealth and some other things. Maybe because this one is used more for other things and have to manage 4.3TB on 9 SATA's.

I've had upwards of 260 players on my server, running Windows Server 2000. Five 4ghz CPU's 8gb RAM, and 4 Realms. My server is mostly used for Pre-made raids and Battlegrounds Tourney's. I know it was @least 260 because we had 30 IP's with @least 10 players each. It took us 2 months coordinate it all (because we all work) but it was kick@$$!!! My server handled it fine, but my bandwidth was sapped dry. I have a T1 line for my home office.

I've had upwards of 260 players on my server, running Windows Server 2000. Five 4ghz CPU's 8gb RAM, and 4 Realms. My server is mostly used for Pre-made raids and Battlegrounds Tourney's. I know it was @least 260 because we had 30 IP's with @least 10 players each. It took us 2 months coordinate it all (because we all work) but it was kick@$$!!! My server handled it fine, but my bandwidth was sapped dry. I have a T1 line for my home office.

Five CPUs? You can give us further info's like which revision you used etc? Its hard for me to imagine currently a Windows Server based on Mangos which run fine with 260 Testers.

• 2 weeks later...
got 170 people on a win 2003, without any problems (rev before ACE though).

i had allready ~40-50 testers on my mangos @windows xp sp3 with 4gb ram and quadcore. but then my internet (adsl, 4k) said goodby :(

but our mainserver is running on linux with ~700 players but with much lags (vmaps are disabled because with them, the lags are again heavier). also we have crashes on our mainserver (uptime between half hour and one day)...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use