Oracle Support for Mangos?

• 40 years later...

Hello,

I'm currently doing some courses for a work I got as Oracle Database Administrator (Thanks MaNGOS for this :D) and I came to the great idea to make MaNGOS support the use of an excelent DB software as Oracle is.

Do you know if there is any way to make MaNGOS support Oracle? There is a free versión in Oracle website that could be used in order to make some test.

Hope you like an idea like this one.

in genereall yes there will be ways to make mangos support oracle, i mean there is support for postgre and mysql ( think booth DB's are full supported)

you just have to make all files for Oralce support like postgre/mysql in "mangos / src / shared / Database "

MfG

edit: definition wich engine is used is handled here i think:

As said in that thread - oracle DB is way off performance limits of mangos. As long as there's one thread for world processing, there's almost no point in making mangos work with oracle DB. Even after it gets multiple threads, it'll still be way off. The only case you should be interested in oracleDB for mangos is when you have more than ~30000 users on your realm. Which is probably not going to happen. I said it's a completely different category.

In my opinion - the future is most likely in PostgreSQL, with mysql uncertain future and other things. Furthermore, it's a web application backend, not a "real" database server with all the features one would welcome (like per-user logging, network data types, ...). So I'm glad for pgsql support, though projects like UDB make one's life a lot harder anyway (ie. by using mysql-specific INSERT IGNORE INTO).