Forum problems not appopriate for public post

same for me.

also, the forum marks all threads as read when i log off or don't re-load the page for some time... this really sucks because I don't always read all the threads and then can't find the threads anymore.

i hope this can be fixed ASAP as this is a major issue for everyone who tries to keep track of new posts but is unable to read all at once

In fact without normal work this part i can't use forum for development :( In different from random flame in threads.

• 4 weeks later...
it still does mark all threads as read at logout/timeout, that way i (and probably all others too) can't keep track of discussions. this should be fixed ASAP :(

Actually, I like it this way - I can "search for new posts" on each visit and simply ignore threads I'm not interested in and they won't show up on next visit unless someone "refreshes" them.

I though it's more like a feature than a bug -- SMF forums do the same.

Well i don't really like it either, because it wipes your unread markers pretty soon, just one closer look at a patch or some distraction in chat and you have to look at the dates of each thread.

I know some forums had settings for this, either the time until you're considered logged out or until unread markers are reset, but i couldn't find anything here...

it still does mark all threads as read at logout/timeout, that way i (and probably all others too) can't keep track of discussions. this should be fixed ASAP :(

Actually, I like it this way - I can "search for new posts" on each visit and simply ignore threads I'm not interested in and they won't show up on next visit unless someone "refreshes" them.

I though it's more like a feature than a bug -- SMF forums do the same.

in forums like wbb3 you always have the possibility to search for posts since your last login, without having to mark them as read at logout

... and damn, i hit the "thank you" button accidentally and can't remove it... this should be implemented too :/

• 2 weeks later...