[Fix] GO type 33

Auntie Mangos

* What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

this patch implements Destructible Buildings (base) and Effect type 87-88 (SPELL_EFFECT_WMO_DAMAGE, SPELL_EFFECT_WMO_REPAIR)

* For which repository revision was the patch created?

* Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

no

* Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

me, darkstalker

* Patch

its not a "made from scratch" patch, but the original authors are unknown to me, its mainly a clean up and fine tunning for a clean core

based on this one.

note: this patch doesnt include missing GO data for display IDs (missing from DB (at least YTDB doesnt have them -- some are missing))

thanks to the original authors.

• 40 years later...

As I remember original author was someone from TC. I already looked at original patch, few things look hacky:

1. in EffectWMORepair basepoints are not used. See http://www.wowhead.com/spell=57586

2. I think better place for faction checks is grid searcher

3. swapping bounding box coordinates when loading DBC. This need more research why some values (1.0 and -1.0) are stored in reverse order.

Also, maybe GO health needs to be saved to database.

• 3 weeks later...

Need know original author. This is main what stop me from review start. As i read mercury have similar full history repo and then possible find commit when related lines added (git blame in git case) and then referenced author in commit notes.

Ofc, authors of patch addoption changes to mangos also will credit in final commit.

I also not like some lines in patch but its can be easy rewrited. For example i clearly not like modify loaded dbc content.

the Destructible model data can be easily read from DBC (models are stored in an actually unused DBC, namely DestructibleModelData.dbc)

including display IDs (which may end up into a slight performance increase since reading from DBC > reading from DB)

as for the authors, i mentioned they remain unknown and only taken base from a previous thread from this forum.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Need know original author. This is main what stop me from review start. As i read mercury have similar full history repo and then possible find commit when related lines added (git blame in git case) and then referenced author in commit notes.

Ofc, authors of patch addoption changes to mangos also will credit in final commit.

I also not like some lines in patch but its can be easy rewrited. For example i clearly not like modify loaded dbc content.

Well IF you really need to know who was the initial author of the patch (AND I have no doubt you do)

Änderung:        3440:a499c80e78d9
Zweig:           trunk
Nutzer:          megamage
Datum:           Thu May 21 10:00:44 2009 -0500
Zusammenfassung: *Load gobject display info from dbc to check go boundaries.

Änderung:        3441:bc8c8144276b
Zweig:           trunk
Nutzer:          megamage
Datum:           Thu May 21 10:01:03 2009 -0500
Zusammenfassung: *Implement spell effect wmo damage.

Commit on Bitbucket is here: [1]

Hopefully I got the right one (you know C++ and me ... ), was the oldest rev hg blame referenced.

Regards

Skirnir

PS: Afterwards the code was changed a few times by megamage and maybe someone else. If you have a question about a special code line, just ask.

[1] https://bitbucket.org/KPsN/trinitycore/changeset/bc8c8144276b

[Edit] how != who ...