Any ETA on 4.0.1 support?

i want to say trash.
If you can't understand that, ... well .. I'm sure some of the forum mods _will_ take action .. *wink*.

don't understand i'm italian sorry

Mango non supporta l'uso della 4.x succursale. Se desiderate utilizzarlo, dovete farlo da soli. Nessun aiuto sarà dato in questi fori per essa. Continuare a chiedere si tradurrà in azione intrapresa contro il tuo conto.

Mangos does not support the use of the 4.x branch. If you want to use it, you must do so on your own. No help will be given on these forums for it.

Continuing to ask will result in action being taken against your account.

Excuse my Italian, my babelfish is tired. ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW. Guys, thanks for all the hard work. I usually just shut up and watch from a distance. Just to let you know, I have read the other posts, I understand english, and am not going to bother you guys with another "When's 4.0 ready?" question!

I would agree with the other people who have expressed their want for a stable 3.3.5a. Yeah, I'd love to run 4.01. BUT, I'd rather have a rock solid 3.3.5a before we move forward. It seems that this project is always playing catch up with Blizzard. It would be nice to actually mature out a client. Just my opinion. Thanks for all the hard work!

I plan on running a 3.3.5a server for a LONG time. Even if you guys move to a Cata server, I will probably keep my 3.3.5a server around.

Greetings, I have been around for along time, though during that time I have not been much involved in the MaNGOS community, I still check in from time to time.

I have alot of win api knowledge and after spending some time doing static analysis between the former client and the current client I have found perhaps some useful information. Maybe I can be of some help? I have done some searching on the forums here but it would appear that the majority of the network protocol and client handling knowledge is kept under wraps. hell maybe i just havent looked hard enough ;p

anyway, if a MaNGOS developer could put me in a place that I can be of assitance it would be appreciated :)

Maybe I can be of some help? I have done some searching on the forums here but it would appear that the majority of the network protocol and client handling knowledge is kept under wraps. hell maybe i just havent looked hard enough ;p

The big issue with that knowledge is that due to the frequent client changes it does get invalid too fast for people to invest effort for documenting it.

The WoW.Dev Wiki does have a few things on opcodes, and packets.

If you have done analysis on various client versions, a versioned approach might be good. A nice of example of showing different versions for a schema is to be seen on MediaWiki.org. The have spruced up their database definition and table definitions quite nicely with version information.

Of course, you can peruse the mangos wiki, too. I'd even be happier to see stuff added there, since a few file formats already are described there.

I would rather have a 3.3.5 server that works really well than a 4.0.1 that barely functions.

Agreed, the vehicles are basic in WotLK (in Battlegrounds, OpenPVP, Dungeons and Questing) and they arent working right now and Destructible Buildings too.

You may focus on Cata (not to much), but dont forget WotLK...

That's true, cataclysm is INTENSE use of vehicles, buildings, phasing, etc, etc. I mean, nearly every single quest uses something MaNGOS does not support at all for the moment.

Players who want to play cata....should go to official (and they should go to official anyway actually).

Better to have a stable 3.3.5.

100% agree.

don't understand i'm italian sorry

i'm looking foward to paly cata...

i won't play wow (and updatre my mangos server) until i can play cata!

MaNGOS is NOT simply a way to let you play World of Warcraft without pay.

MaNGOS is an educative project, it allows you to learn something using it.

If you want only to play Cataclysm, and you are not interested on the goal of mangos, simply wait until MaNGOS will support it or go to play on official.

MaNGOS non è un programma per farti giocare gratis a WoW.

MaNGOS è un progetto educativo che puoi utilizzare per imparare nuove cose in ambito di programmazione, gestione reti, e altro..

Se vuoi solo giocare a Cataclysm, e non sei interessato in alcun modo al vero obiettivo di mangos, aspetta che mangos passi a cataclysm oppure vai a giocare nel server ufficiale

It is pretty simple: those who want to play, and not know how stuff works, and make stuff work, should go and pay a subscription at Blizzard anyway.

This is not the place for players, it's the place for those seeking knowledge!

Magari ti schiarisci le idee qui ;)

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/MaNGOS

Hmm, so the thing is true with Random Opcodes and no support for Cataclysm, at least not at all ... ? Well I guess, it will be silly playing Cataclysm anyways, I'm rather finding a new game to game on. Cataclysm is bullshit with all it's raised stats, damage values. It basically keeps all the same, but with bigger value, and why? Just to entertain the kids seeing massive damage ... So pathetic.

Random opcode isn't a big deal, in fact you can generate 80 % of SMSG automaticly (just parsing wow.asm). If we can have 100% of opcode for one build of 4.0.1, we can make a little tool to generate all opcode id with patern for example.

No, the real problem is SMSG_REDIRECT_CLIENT, because we need to send this packet to client. We know how to decrypt this packet (the key to decrypt is in the client), but we don't know how to encrypt server-side ...

The only way, for now to bypass this opcode is inject a dll ...

I can't really imagine developing a server requiring a modified client without having the editor running after you. This is clearly passing the border.

My perception is that if we can't make something work server side only, then their is no point of even doing a server requiring a client change, let's stay 3.3.5.

Neo2003

What you don't seem to understand is that "I can has server now?!?" and I meanz RITE NAO!!!... Just sayin. This stuff all works magically and needs to just see client version on the server side and everything automagically works!!! (I really feel I should put sarcasm tags around that for clarity... but I think it went understood.)

The mod of the client is (at least here) a NO NO! So if it's a no no here, then you can't develop based on the mod of the client. It's what's referred to as a catch 22. You need the client modded to make it easier to develop, but legally you can't do it without bringing heat down on the project (loose translation).

Honestly I have no idea how the dev's walk the thin line to begin with. It truly is impressive.

Last near to impossible for not live client version case. I not understand why this need repeat and ppl not understand.

Without live test possibility and compare result impossible have "everything work exactly" and sometime just make work.

Always targeting switch to current client version as goal not something "we like this" choice but way fight for project existence.

Neo you were wrong about one thing. You said that if we have to patch the client then what is the point? True. Although haven't we been patching realmlist.wtf for the last 6 years? You gotta remember that. If we just made an Open Source Program that patches the client and the realmlist then its a one click process to inject and in my option that'd be faster then by changing realmlists manually. The tool could be used to do both patch SMSG_REDIRECT_CLIENT and the realmlist. Just seems easier. Shoot I'd be glad to make the freakin tool cause its not difficult to make an injecting program (Kidding of course cause TOM_RUS or Vladamir could do it within 5 minutes) but yea.

But just keep that in mind. We are already patching the client in some form. :cool:

Neo you were wrong about one thing. You said that if we have to patch the client then what is the point? True. Although haven't we been patching realmlist.wtf for the last 6 years? You gotta remember that. If we just made an Open Source Program that patches the client and the realmlist then its a one click process to inject and in my option that'd be faster then by changing realmlists manually. The tool could be used to do both patch SMSG_REDIRECT_CLIENT and the realmlist. Just seems easier. Shoot I'd be glad to make the freakin tool cause its not difficult to make an injecting program (Kidding of course cause TOM_RUS or Vladamir could do it within 5 minutes) but yea.

But just keep that in mind. We are already patching the client in some form. :cool:

The point is that modifying the client is illegal, and attracts more attention from the creators. Making tools to modify it is as sensible as making a large sign saying "come close us down".

The forum has always been against client modifications, for good reasons, Anything that requires client modification is just pointless imo, regardless of the legality, have you considered the massive security risk of using a client that someone else has modified? It wouldnt be difficult to make further modifications the can do much more dangerous things than you thoght it was doing.