Multiboxing

tim

Basically, you can't.

Because two connections sharing the same IP don't necessarily end at the same person...people sharing the same apartment or even just living in the same complex might use a common internet connection via local router, so you would disallow them to play at the same time. And it still could be tricked by a proxy having a different IP.

So IP is at best an indication of multi boxing, but neither a positive nor negative proof for it.

• 1 month later...
I want to know how i can make a check if players are multiboxing i need this to prevent a reward-system in my custom script.

thx in advance

I see how players play with multiboxing and generarly username of characters have similarity, so the best way for me, its the combo of Ip check and username similarity check.

Im also thinking about position, you can make a position check for really remove multiboxing.

• 1 month later...

I agree with lillecarl, I don't see how a computer could accurately determine if 2 users are multiboxing, even with all the above suggestions

for example a hypothetical scenario, a college campus has a massive LAN for students in campus housing. Lets say 20-50 of these students connect to a mangos server through the WAN they would all appear to be the same machine and since they are students from the same college we could assume that they know each other and would more likely form groups/parties/guilds on mangos making a programmable/dynamic detection very difficult

The above scenario is completely hypothetical and not a real life scenario.

Actually the scenario is not that far from real life. In Germany there are many student homes, where ~100 to 200 students share one WAN connection. Been living in such a home myself for a few years :D

The best method to ensure Multiboxing does no harm is to redesign any incentive systems to not benefit from multiple accounts. Technical solutions would in this case produce an undesired rate of failure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use