New build system used by MaNGOS Master/One/Zero

Guest VladimirMangos

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is 0 reason non-developers need git_id, it's only used when a developer pushes a commit to the git repository.

Edit: Also not sure why you would want it to auto execute? seems like that could cause more headache than benefit

Adding options for things that end-users would use makes more sense, like adding a cmake argument to build extractors from source could be useful (even though the binaries are already included) giving the user the choice of having all their tools the way they want (shared/static/optimized/debug/release/etc) but using a standard way of customizing these things would cut back on the headache of people not knowing exactly how to compile/use the end-user tools

If what I listed is already in there, my apologies, I did not see it when I looked at the source

Hello guys, one question here

When mangos was using the makefile, it showed detailed errors when happened flaws the build.

Now using cmake it just says there was a errors and nothing more.

Had some other way to configure cmake or use make for more detail when the build fails?

• 4 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use