[BUG]Meeting Stone

tinpolone

Mangos Version:support3.3.5a(buid 12340)

SD2 Version:ConfVersion=2010062001

Database Name and Version : MySQL ver5.1

BUG:

My friends and I raided an instance yesterday. When one of my friend and I arrived the gate of the instance, we wanted to use the Meeting Stone to teleport my other friends to the instance. However, a bug appeared. I selected a player and right-clicked the stone and the summoning portal was open, my another friend nearby also right-clicked the portal. But the one whom should be teleported was not teleported to the instance, and it was strange that the man who right-clicked the portal was teleported.:(

I didn't know what happened. How could I fix the BUG?

This is a bug with targets present since some time. I think it was something related with my branch but now I see that it isn't.

The bug happens sometimes to only some players. You select target player on the group menu, but you summon another player. Because you are really selecting that player. How to test this? With other player with "Target of target" option enabled, select the summoner. You can see that he isn't selecting the player he spects. And, if he move the mouse over the other players, they are selected automatically. So, you don't need to click on a player, you pass the mouse over him and the target changes. The summoner doesn't see this on his target frame, but it's happening. Really strange.

May be I haven't explain well the bug, english isn't my native language, I hope that you can understand it.

Greetings.

Confirmed, for a long time now. (possibly started with 3.x?)

Me and my girlfriend play from lan, while friends connect from outside lan.

Whenever we try to use a meeting stone, it's always left to me and my gf to do the summoning, since we have our screens next to eachother.

If others players start summoning it can really take some time 'cos of mostly summoning wrong one.

Players with xperl and shadowed unitframes have it, can't tell for shure if default ui users have same (we will try aswell without addons).

Example: Let's say players are 1,2,3,4,5

if me and gf (1,2) are at ms and she targets 3 on her screen, i can for example see on my screen she targeted nr 4.

So if we start the summoning, she thinks she is summoning 3, but actually nr 4 will recieve the summon.

Her target shows correct for all in group, only not to herself.

Now, if she picks no target, then clicks groupmembers a few times, then no target again, and then 3, it mostly shows correct on all screens.

Although sometimes when she has no target on her screen, a target is shown for her on my screen.

Man, complicated to explain with text. :)

But as said, will try without addons.

But note, way back, using the same addons (only older version offc) on client 2.3.x->2.4.3 ( when client 2.x was still mangos master branch), summoning through meeting stones worked flawless with addons enabled.

edit2:

We tried, with 3 testers. All 3 removed addons-folder: Meeting stone and targeting worked perfect while testing various combinations.

After placing back addons, the issue indeed turned out to be the combo of mouse-over-char and addons (dunno wich yet though).

Seems non mangos issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use