ObjectPosSelector being problematic

Feanordev

Since last rewrite there are a lot of problems which appeared for tanks:

ObjectPosSelector should have max angle... if you tank more than ~6 mobs, some go behind you - they should not.

If you tank 2 mobs, they are switching left / right sides constantly, makes unable to properly face some bosses which should be always infront of you.

Mobs on retail do go behind, but imho only on aggro or switching targets or something like that, they don't do that later during the fight. Or maybe only some of the mobs do that, like beasts or rouge humanoids etc.

And I confirm the bug, tanking Sartharion or any other dragon boss with frontal cone breath and Cleave is so annoying now ;)

• 1 month later...

Little bit of bump as its kinda important, I'm not sure how properly it was working before rewrite but nowadays many encounters are pretty heavy (tank must run all the time to keep boss faced, otherway it tries to run behind him, making encounters like Grobbulus randomly wipe raid cause of his frontal breath and adds spawn cause of that :P) I hadn't time to check how this class works but adding just 90 left/right degrees limit should fix all the problems imo

• 3 months later...

There are problems with some single mobs also, when you agro them they go through you and position themself behind you, so you constantly have to turn 180 degrees after they reach you in order to be able to attack them.And they are not rogues or w.e, just plain elementals or humanoids.

There are problems with some single mobs also, when you agro them they go through you and position themself behind you, so you constantly have to turn 180 degrees after they reach you in order to be able to attack them.And they are not rogues or w.e, just plain elementals or humanoids.

The most important is that when You turn around to attack it, it goes behind You again and You can't attack it at all.

This bug is present for only some of the creatures. One of them is 36626 as far as I remember...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you can test https://github.com/gc/mangos/commit/d13a4dbb237383563d98156055dceb663d46ba5b , that part with implementing GetRandomContactPoint, and using it instead of GetContactPoint. With frand(-0.7f, 0.7f) you can modify the arc in which npcs are in front of the tank. its not really perfect, since combat reach and the actual amount of attacking npcs should be included in the formula too. Better than nothing tho :) That bounding_radius and combat_reach change is about sth else, and needs db support too.

So you can confirm that at retail mob can't go behind if run from front and no free place in from target?

That seems to be what happens, yes, although I realize a few tests aren't real proof. For what it's worth then: I did a few tests in the Cathedral of Darkness (Icecrown zone), because there are many mobs in there that respawn fast. Even when pulling lots of zealots from both sides, they run to me and stay in front of me, despite the fact there isn't really room for all of them to spread out (sometimes I pulled more than 25 zealots at once). They all spread around as nicely as possible (even if the results looks 'very crowded') in a 180 degrees cone (half a circle).

I got the same behavior in Stockades and Zul'Farrak when pulling like half the instance at once; though in Zul'Farrak casters stayed at a distance of course, while melee filled half the circle in front of me :P

But like I said: it's not a proof, but a good indication :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use