Changes to mangos-zero

I dont get why there shall be more then one db project:S

By that reasoning, you could also ask why there is more than one MaNGOS branch, more than one operating system, more than one car model etc.

That's pretty easy to answer: because people will always want a choice or want to do things their own way :)

I don't have a problem with that at all. So offering the project a new home sounds just fine to me. It might be seen as the default DB for MaNGOS, but even that is fine. If you don't like it, for whatever reason, you're still free to create your own thing :)

I dont get why there shall be more then one db project:S

By that reasoning, you could also ask why there is more than one MaNGOS branch, more than one operating system, more than one car model etc.

That's pretty easy to answer: because people will always want a choice or want to do things their own way :)

I don't have a problem with that at all. So offering the project a new home sounds just fine to me. It might be seen as the default DB for MaNGOS, but even that is fine. If you don't like it, for whatever reason, you're still free to create your own thing :)

But it makes the development speed much slower?

- LilleCarl

Yes, that's exactly the point lillecarl wants to make :)

And I agree with that of course. All I was saying, in reply to lillecarl's "why should there be more than one db" question, is that multiple projects will be around, whether we like that or not. I think we shouldn't try to convince them to merge or so, because I think that's wasted energy. If people want to do their own thing, they'll do it anyway - one way or another. So let's just focus on what we have instead, and all will be fine :)

Here comes the update: the server, the script bindings, and the content database are online and usable. I think those wo like classic WoW should give it a try, we've added a few very nice changes everywhere.

I'd also like to mention that we are starting to replace the usual commit as you want workflow with a milestone/issue based approach slowly. As you can see e.g. on the server project issues, we start to file and group issues for various topics by milestones. I'll be adding more as we march forward, and of course everyone interested can fork and submit pull requests for a ticket.

We could use a bit help with Python, as there are some very much needed projects in demand of Python love. Poke me here or on github if you Python!

Hi all,

as you may (or may not) be aware, over the past couple of days I have been busy making PseuWoW (www.mangosclient.org) compatible to MaNGOS Zero. It is not fully there yet (actually it has WAYS to go), but I just successfully walked a test character (a very brave soul, indeed) from Northshire Abby to Goldshire in PseuWoW on my Zero server...

For those willing to try the clumsy, horribly documented, unstable and crashy code, you can find it at https://github.com/shlainn/pseuwow/. At some point I may even be persuaded to update the installation instructions...

USE THE allinone BRANCH as this is the branch where I am working on cross-version compatibility for the Client.

I have only tested this on Linux, so there will probably be horrible problems on Windows. If you are interested to help the porting effort, feel free to drop me a message here, on github or on www.mangosclient.org.

NO BUGREPORTS HERE PLEASE -> GO TO www.mangosclient.org

Shlainn