Starting gear

Joubarbe

Hi,

I'd like to change starting gear, but without putting items in the player's inventory. I'd just want to switch between the default stuff and mine. I assume it's in the core because I see nothing in the DB (playercreateinfo_item). Maybe I'm wrong .. ?

So please could someone show me how to do that ?

Thanks !

Well If he wants to add items to the player on startup but not equipped on the player (Ie in the players inventory) and also want them to have the original starter gear then simply add your items to the playercreate_items table and they will not be auto equipped if there is already a original starter item in that slot. The items will be placed in the players bags that way.

@Kreegoth : well that's my point, I don't want the items to go in the bag but to be directly equipped :)

Anyway, I've got another problem now. Everything I add into playercreateinfo_item and playercreateinfo_spell is not managed by Mangos. I added custom gear (one bag) and some spell (Mount - Apprentice), but it's not working :(

Is the bag you're trying to add a custom created item, like you would see on WoW-V, or is it an unused item like "Foror's Crate Of Endless Resist Gear" 36-slot?

If it is an item you created, then you'll have to remap it to an unused item ID of the same type (bag). This is due to client modifications made after 3.2.2a which prevent simply adding custom items with new IDs to the database.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use