MaNGOS Web suggestion list

Guest LilleCarl_

btw isnt the custom code forum missing? (there we could have the prefixes: Cata, WotLK, TBC, Classic). Also do we want to have the patches in the forum or as github issues? because if we want it in the forum it would make sense to make a new category/forum for Patches => under review..., accepted..., rejected... with the same prefixes.

yes, clearly need pending/accepted/rejected way to work with properly.

Nearly missed an engrish typo fix because there is already nearly no structure for the patches..

Also I read you wanted to remove the old forum archive, any reason for this? I really do like that it is accessible..

Ok, will add these.

Also I read you wanted to remove the old forum archive, any reason for this? I really do like that it is accessible..

It ca be kept online, but I would just allow developers and moderators to login after August. I do not want to maintain two forums in the end.

Ok, will add these.

It ca be kept online, but I would just allow developers and moderators to login after August. I do not want to maintain two forums in the end.

Sry, but i do not see the maintaining part of a read only forum...

• 2 weeks later...

Being the lazy person I am, I did not read every post here, but this looks like as good a place as any for this... we need a decent wiki. udbwiki is good... for mangos, but when trying to find information on many things in mangos-one... udbwiki falls short. For example, many of the dbc file structures have changed. So using the udbwiki doesn't give the proper information. I have searched everywhere for good information, and the only place that seems to have it, is oregoncore wiki... and that site is down more often then not. plus its TC based, so kinda worthless in my opinion. its bugged like crazy (tried it before switching to mangosone)

I know the database structure is similar, well, almost exact in all 3 mangos repositories, but some information, like classes, races (for mangoszero) is different. Mangos needs their own wiki. If you guys have one, I haven't seen it. I have been away from mangos for years, and I am coming back because it just simply works better. (less hacks as well :P )

Anyways, I guess I went off on a rant again, but I have run into a problem I cannot solve, because I don't have the proper information (it's not blizzlike, so I won't even bother posting about it)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived