(Doxygen) Documentation

Guest luigi_

Question

Hey - probably this is the 1001st post about the doxygen documentation, but I couldn't find a helpful one between the other 1000 posts ;)

Is doxygen still supported? If so is it right if I just do ... ?

doxygen Doxyfile.in

Because that just gives me a bunch of errors.

Or can I find some documentation somewhere else? Or do I "simply" have to read all of the code?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Greetings

Luigi

6 answers to this question

There are compiler plug-ins for Doxygen that makes auto-documenting code and maintaining documentation across revisions and branches. I believe there is even a Git plug-in for Doxygen.

You can use the Doxyfile.in file provided by MaNGOS or, if you're familiar with the app, you can choose your own settings to generate the documentation. Either way, you'll get linked and referenced listings of the APIs, libraries, and functions... not just a printout of developer comments.

While MaNGOS's code tree does resemble the offspring of an octopus and hydra, a brief read of the Doxygen manual should give you the basics of using and creating your own Doxygen ".in" files.

Thanks for the answers so far.

Could it be that the doxyfile was somehow changed - back in the days of autoconf? I'm asking that because I had a look at the Doxyfile.in and thought the variables of the source paths weren't populated. But I could be wrong.

Gonna try doxygen tomorrow again.

Greetings Luigi

Thanks for the answers so far.

Could it be that the doxyfile was somehow changed - back in the days of autoconf? I'm asking that because I had a look at the Doxyfile.in and thought the variables of the source paths weren't populated. But I could be wrong.

Gonna try doxygen tomorrow again.

Greetings Luigi

I know you posted this a long long time ago, did you make any progress ?

Archived