[Guide] Updating for Windows

just update mangos by GIT

from UDB 0.11.0 Core_7069_SD2_838_(3.0.3), just update mangos db from 7074_01_mangos_playercreateinfo_spell.sql throug actually 7252_02_mangos_mangos_string.sql.

All updates worked fine but I'm not be able to update characters db (I think from 7075_01_characters_character_spell.sql through 7267_01_characters_auctionhouse.sql

Every updates fall in error and I've noticed that in characters db, table "character_db_version" is'nt present !

What's wrong ? Where is my fault ?

PS

Sorry for my bad english

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just update mangos by GIT

from UDB 0.11.0 Core_7069_SD2_838_(3.0.3), just update mangos db from 7074_01_mangos_playercreateinfo_spell.sql throug actually 7252_02_mangos_mangos_string.sql.

All updates worked fine but I'm not be able to update characters db (I think from 7075_01_characters_character_spell.sql through 7267_01_characters_auctionhouse.sql

Every updates fall in error and I've noticed that in characters db, table "character_db_version" is'nt present !

What's wrong ? Where is my fault ?

PS

Sorry for my bad english

Refresh what version of the table you have

to what i can tell you have most likerly missed one update

and now every update after is an error as it checks the current version and then applys the update

updates MUST be done in order.

• 3 weeks later...

First time I did an update this worked fine, but now I can't get an update to work. I keep getting the same set of errors telling me that several files require merge resolution. Resetting the branch does not correct this problem for me.

Merge branch '310' of git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git into HEAD

Conflicts:

src/game/Level2.cpp

src/game/PetHandler.cpp

src/game/Player.cpp

src/game/SkillHandler.cpp

If I am reading things correctly my Master is set at 7378, but origin master is 7428.

Also wondering if there has been a user manual written for Git gui users.

Did a reset and merge again today and this time it worked. Don't understand what I was doing wrong the other day, but worked great today.

From your reply I get there is no manual written for Git gui users, which is why you wrote this guide to help people that prefer using the gui over the bash. Please let me know if I got it wrong and thanks for your reply.

Uh? I compiled with Visual Studio 2008 Enterprise... and there is no .executables anywhere to be found...

I setup VC++ directories heading to these:

C:/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/6.0a/bin

C:/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/6.0a/include

C:/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/6.0a/lib

//I tried using these (32-bit) first, but source received 110 errors.

C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SDKs/6.0a/bin

C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SD's/5.0/include

C:/Program Files (x86/Microsoft SDKs/5.0/lib

I ran Build instead of Debug.

After about 10 minutes, everything compiled file, 8 success, 0 failed.

I checked everywhere, not even dlls. Inside C:/mangos source/win/vc90/ looks like this:

/ace__Win32_Release/ <a lot of object files >

/framework__Win32_Release/ <a lot of object files >

/g3dlite__Win32_Release/ <a lot of object files >

/game__Win32_Release/ <a lot of object files >

/genrevision__Win32_Release/ <a lot of object files >

/shared__Win32_Release/ <a lot of object files >

/zlib__Win32_Release/ <a lot of object files >

/zthread__Win32_Release/ <a lot of object files >

Nowhere in parent directory has /bin/. My whole system only has a few bins, none of them contain magosd or realmd.

Is there more steps for Visual Studio 2008 I am missing? I wish I had GCC...

//Did not have SP1 installed for Studio 2008. Without this, a glitch would cause the debug menu to pop up pre-executable compiling. Clicking on cancel for debug stops debugging, but the program doesn't continue with the compiling. After I installed SP1, which can be found here, it solved everything.

this is how to use the master, and get master...

I understand I should be and I am using the master branch. But what if master does not show up on the "Merge Into HEAD" -> "Tracking Branch" list for merge? Is this what happens if there are no updates? I think this is why I got confused and choose 310.

I think this falls under the category of a little knowledge (or is it too little) can be a dangerous thing.

I understand I should be and I am using the master branch. But what if master does not show up on the "Merge Into HEAD" -> "Tracking Branch" list for merge? Is this what happens if there are no updates? I think this is why I got confused and choose 310.

I think this falls under the category of a little knowledge (or is it too little) can be a dangerous thing.

if you fetch and merge, master isnt listed...

this means u have the latest head revision.

Thanks for the guide and your help.

Could be just a noob observation, but as you wrote earlier.

Ha, yeah start again can keep things clean =P

But learning how it works and updating means you have a better understanding =)

Better to learn than just be a tool =)

Do you think something like this might be helpful for others?

Click (on the menu at the top):

Merge > Local Merge > master

Hopefully a success again. (close the Merge window)

Note: If you fetch and merge and master isn't listed this means you have the latest head revision.

*If you get any errors on the above, try "Reset" 'ing the branch.

Or creating an additional branch.

these are all simply guides....

so far every guide on this site is missing information which people need to read between the lines

i kinda think it was dumbbed down enough as it is

so i dont plan to dumb it down anymore...

some things people need to learn...

dont get me wrong, it slipped my knowledge the first time of merging...

but yeah...

mangos is a learning project....

not just a follow the dumbass guide to host ur own server.

• 3 weeks later...

Using core 0.11.0 and trying to patch realmd and character DB's but all it gives is error messages, which is stupid because it's only supposed to take patches based on what core your using. The whole git gui thing just makes it worse, took me ages just to find a proper Mangos SVN for iterations, so why is git interfering with it's own SVN? Arc installation was easier than this...

Using core 0.11.0 and trying to patch realmd and character DB's but all it gives is error messages, which is stupid because it's only supposed to take patches based on what core your using. The whole git gui thing just makes it worse, took me ages just to find a proper Mangos SVN for iterations, so why is git interfering with it's own SVN? Arc installation was easier than this...

Mangos doesn't use svn anymore, thats your problem.

no, i checked i used ad.exe from the latest build from the 7604

im getting these errors:

2009-04-03 11:00:35 >> Loaded 642 MaNGOS strings from table mangos_string

2009-04-03 11:00:35 Initialize data stores...

2009-04-03 11:00:36 ERROR:

Some required *.dbc files (6 from 75) not found or not compatible:

./dbc/BattlemasterList.dbc (exist, but have 34 fields instead 35) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/SoundEntries.dbc (exist, but have 29 fields instead 30) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/Spell.dbc (exist, but have 231 fields instead 232) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/SpellItemEnchantment.dbc (exist, but have 37 fields instead 38) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/Vehicle.dbc (exist, but have 43 fields instead 40) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/VehicleSeat.dbc (exist, but have 46 fields instead 58) Wrong client version DBC file?

i had remade the maps & DBC and i have client 3.0.9 & still not starting! :((

and i think has switched to 3.1.0 because in: \\mangos\\sql\\ i have a new folder 310

no, i checked i used ad.exe from the latest build from the 7604

im getting these errors:

i had remade the maps & DBC and i have client 3.0.9 & still not starting! :((

and i think has switched to 3.1.0 because in: \\mangos\\sql\\ i have a new folder 310

I don't think so, there's no announcement saying that they've started supporting it. I think you have client 3.1.0 or 2 folders of wow, thats why its messing up. You might have downloaded new patches by accident.

no... let me explain, i was playing wow, i on mangos rev 7604 then i exit wow and updated the GIT folder, patched the SD2, started rebuild, build the sd2 and then moved the files from the bin to my server folder, then when i try to start, i received these errors, then i had remade the maps and dbc (maybe it's some disk error) then i try again starting, and again i get these errors, next i had reinstalled the database, and again, the same err

The error your getting means you have invalid DBC files.

Try updating your client to 3.1.0 and use the latest ad.exe to extract the DBC files again. If you've updated MaNGOS to 3.1.0 and your DBC files are still from your old client (3.0.9) it won't work. Update first so you get the data from the new patch and try again.

The error your getting means you have invalid DBC files.

Try updating your client to 3.1.0 and use the latest ad.exe to extract the DBC files again. If you've updated MaNGOS to 3.1.0 and your DBC files are still from your old client (3.0.9) it won't work. Update first so you get the data from the new patch and try again.

does mangos support 3.1.0? I haven't seen it posted anywhere?

yeap... i found the answer my self :) the mangos now is updated to support client 3.1.0

---------------------------- src/realmd/AuthCodes.h ----------------------------
index dcc8a2b..5e883e9 100644
@@ -66,8 +66,8 @@ enum LoginResult

// we need to stick to 1 version or half of the stuff will work for someone
// others will not and opposite
-// will only support WoW, WoW:TBC and WoW:WotLK 3.1.0 client build 9733...
+// will only support WoW, WoW:TBC and WoW:WotLK 3.1.0 client build 9742...

-#define EXPECTED_MANGOS_CLIENT_BUILD        {9733, 0}
+#define EXPECTED_MANGOS_CLIENT_BUILD        {9742, 0}

#endif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use