[Guide] Updating for Windows

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, some confusion here methinks.

Currently mangos supports 3.0.9 (master branch) and 2.4.3 (0.12 branch).

While there IS a branch for 3.1.0 (310 branch) i would recommend you dont go near it unless you know what your doing.

client patch 3.1.0 is NOT EVEN RELEASED yet.

Stick to 3.0.9 and the master branch until an announcement is made saying that 3.1 is now supported.

• 3 weeks later...

ok I posted in another section but haven't had anyone reply back so hopefully I can get some help in here as this involves updating..

Currently my databases are as such:

Realmd: "required_7546_02_realmd_uptime"

Mangos: "UDB 0.11.0 (371) for Mangos 7681 with SD2 SQL for rev. 1012"

Character: "required 7644_01_characters_characters_pet"

I used the UDB Core download here for the FULL DB http://unifieddb.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/unifieddb/trunk/Full_DB/

Which it states is UDB 0.11.5 but the DB ver says 0.11.0?

First time building a private server and I started from scratch.. I can't get it to take any of the 371 updates, I keep getting column errors when I try to dump the updates or just copy and paste into the query window.. I've tried everything including uninstalling everything and starting from scratch..

My issue is that when I load it up it loads up fine, WOTLK load screen.. But when I try to start it I can't, it says I need to install WOTLK in order to play. My client is has been updated to 3.0.9 so it is WOTLK. If I go into mangos and set my account to just TBC it loads fine and I can play perfectly fine.

Can't create DK's as they are greyed out due to me having to install WOTLK..

I'm lost.. Am I missing something?

The only "expansion" that I could find was in the mangos.conf file.. That is set to "2"

I searched line by line for anything and that's all I could come up with.

Messed around with the mangos.conf and I can set it to "0" which is normal and not have the ability to create blood elfs or dranaei.. I set it to "1" and those become available.

If I set it to "2" when I try to log on it tells me that my account is authorized for WOTLK but that it's not installed on my computer.

Should I compile everything again from scratch?

I'm lost at this point..

The only "expansion" that I could find was in the mangos.conf file.. That is set to "2"

I searched line by line for anything and that's all I could come up with.

Messed around with the mangos.conf and I can set it to "0" which is normal and not have the ability to create blood elfs or dranaei.. I set it to "1" and those become available.

If I set it to "2" when I try to log on it tells me that my account is authorized for WOTLK but that it's not installed on my computer.

Should I compile everything again from scratch?

I'm lost at this point..

wierd if you're getting you don't have wotlk installed, you must not have it installed, did you pull your dbc from a folder that didn't have it installed. 3.0.9 doesn't mean wotlk.

I spent 2 hours running every patch from WOW 2.0.0 today all the way to 3.0.9.9551

Re-ran ad.exe in the new install.. Every label says WOTLK on it.. I would hope after all this that it is WOTLK..

it should be fine then, the only reason you would have a problem, is if you had an old folder than had been there since the beginning and never upgraded to wotlk, but updated patches. It should be fine now, because those patches should include the little bit of code that was originally on wotlk cd's that enables wotlk.

I hope that makes sense, I've had the same happen to friends.

I have now even gone into the realmd table in SQLyog and edited the account table to show Expansion "2" for all accounts and yet it tells me the same thing.. Since this is a completely new install should I just re-compile everything?
yea if you didn't re-compile after reinstalling, you should. otherwise, i have no idea why its not working for you someone smarter than me could answer.

My issue is that when I load it up it loads up fine, WOTLK load screen.. But when I try to start it I can't, it says I need to install WOTLK in order to play. My client is has been updated to 3.0.9 so it is WOTLK. If I go into mangos and set my account to just TBC it loads fine and I can play perfectly fine.

Can't create DK's as they are greyed out due to me having to install WOTLK..

Hello,

Having the client on 3.0.9 isn't the same as havinh WoTLK. You must install the expansion.

Where is your realmlist.wtf located? If it's in the root of your client install, then you don't have the expansion isntalled, even if it's updated to 3.0.9. If that file is in the \\Data\\enUS then you have the WoTLK client.

I had that hapen to me also. I went and downloaded the expansion. Need to reaply the right updates after the install.

First Stage "GIT":

Updating your GIT files using the GUI.

Navigate to your GIT folder, (where you downloaded the files to.)* [GIT]

Right click, "GIT GUI here"

Should open a window with a menu across the top and a few empty boxes.

Click (on the menu at the top):

Remote > Fetch From > origin

When i did it, i received this message

github.com[0: 65.74.177.129]: errno=Invalid argument

fatal: unable to connect a socket (Invalid argument)

Something's wrong??

• 3 months later...

hello,

After getting pissed (hehe) trying to see what was happening, im having errors (not in src, while updating DB )

It says, in mangos -> db_version, "required_8254_01_mangos_spell_proc_event"

but when i Query that file, it says

Query:

ALTER TABLE db_version CHANGE COLUMN required_8253_02_mangos_spell_proc_event required_8254_01_mangos_spell_proc_event bit

Error occured at:2009-08-14 02:34:28

Line no.:1

Error Code: 1054 - Unknown column 'required_8253_02_mangos_spell_proc_event' in 'db_version'

any ideas why is this happenning? because this is not letting me update the DB. (I really got tired of trying different ways, but i got tired (after 2-3 hours), so i posted this here :P)

thanks alot

It says, in mangos -> db_version, "required_8254_01_mangos_spell_proc_event"

but when i Query that file, it says

That means that was the last update you already applied and it's not letting you apply it again (to prevent you from causing damage in some cases), it means you can only update your DB any further with the next update, the one which requires your current one.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I've successfully updated my realmd, mangos, and characters databases with the paste and play method in SQLyog. I used the 0.11.6 versions (also labelled 384 corepatch...). I see that there is also a file called "384_updatepack_mangos.sql", but I am not sure how to implement that one.

I have also placed UDB_0.11.6_Core_8734_SD2_1480.sql in my sql directory. My mangos installation started with the 7234e4 version.

When I run mangosd and realmd I get the following errors:

ERROR:SQL: SELECT required_8573_01_mangos_mangos_string FROM db_version LIMIT 1

ERROR:query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_8573_01_mangos_mangos_string' in 'field list'

ERROR:Table `db_version` have field `required_8731_01_mangos_creature_template` but expected `required_8573_01_mangos_mangos_string`! Not all sql updates applied?

ERROR:SQL: SELECT required_8332_01_realmd_realmcharacters FROM realmd_db_version LIMIT 1

ERROR:query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_8332_01_realmd_realmcharacters' in 'field list'

ERROR:Table `realmd_db_version` have field `required_8728_01_realmd_account` but expected `required_8332_01_realmd_realmcharacters`! Not all sql updates applied?

Can you tell me where to implement the "384_updatepack_mangos.sql" update, or if I have made some other error?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I've successfully updated my realmd, mangos, and characters databases with the paste and play method in SQLyog. I used the 0.11.6 versions (also labelled 384 corepatch...). I see that there is also a file called "384_updatepack_mangos.sql", but I am not sure how to implement that one.

I have also placed UDB_0.11.6_Core_8734_SD2_1480.sql in my sql directory. My mangos installation started with the 7234e4 version.

When I run mangosd and realmd I get the following errors:

ERROR:SQL: SELECT required_8573_01_mangos_mangos_string FROM db_version LIMIT 1

ERROR:query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_8573_01_mangos_mangos_string' in 'field list'

ERROR:Table `db_version` have field `required_8731_01_mangos_creature_template` but expected `required_8573_01_mangos_mangos_string`! Not all sql updates applied?

ERROR:SQL: SELECT required_8332_01_realmd_realmcharacters FROM realmd_db_version LIMIT 1

ERROR:query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_8332_01_realmd_realmcharacters' in 'field list'

ERROR:Table `realmd_db_version` have field `required_8728_01_realmd_account` but expected `required_8332_01_realmd_realmcharacters`! Not all sql updates applied?

Can you tell me where to implement the "384_updatepack_mangos.sql" update, or if I have made some other error?

you need to go to "your mangos directory/sql" and update the databases with the sql files there.

and "384_updatepack_mangos.sql" gets applied to the mangos database before the updates included in "your mangos directory/sql"

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I am aware of the new pathing feature which sounds great, the only problem is that were also in the middle of upgrading to windows 7 as well as being in the middle of a job. We will not be able to upgrade qube for at least 2 weeks, so I was wondering how I can take care of this problem in our current 5.4.5 release, atleast until we can upgrade qube. Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When merging:

Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

warning: Cannot merge binary files: contrib/extractor/ad.exe (HEAD vs. origin/mangos-0.12)

warning: Cannot merge binary files: contrib/vmap_extract_assembler_bin/vmapextract_v2.exe (HEAD vs. origin/mangos-0.12)

Erm..halp :P

Edit: apologies, epic necro o.O

• 1 month later...

So if i understand correctly, correct me if i'm wrong

Remote > Fetch From > origin

Will take the file from the same location that you've took Mangos before and replace the files that already exist and add new files....

All the other files are gonna stay unchanged?.... such ScriptDev2 will stay there...and folders and files i've made as well that aren't from Mangos repository?

After i've receive the files successfully....

I guess i should apply all the patches again....such AHBot ...

Then compile Mangos and ScriptDev2

Move the Releases files to my Mangos folder

The other part is fairly easy to add SQL files to the database....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use