How is everyone?

antiroot

This question doesn't seem to get asked often, but I'm curious how everyone is doing not just in the mangos community but also in real life. Seems unfair to just expect mangos devs and database contributors to do all of this work without respecting what they have going on in their real lives (not expecting anyone to share much if they don't want to)

I know Vladimir has not been an active developer for a while, but would very much like to know how you're doing. Same with theluda and also curious how Salja is handling the new (as of this year) admin power, and just anyone else wanting to update the community on their general well being in the community and/or real life.

Again not trying to pry into anyones' personal lives, they can share what they want/don't want, just wanting to see how everyone is doing these days.

Well, I am actually fine :) Finished move to Cologne this month, have a nice job as developer, and live with wife and daughter. Got to get adjusted to the new home, get my daughter into school, and learn with her daily (also teach her about programming), and sort of reschedule my life to adjust to the new situation. Apart from that what els should I tell? :)

I have some indigestion from the burritos I ate for lunch, which is increasing my contribution to global warming.

Other than drowning in all this source code, trying learn more about the core as I study cpp, the rest is still the same daily routine. Not much excitement when you're a homebody. :lol:

I think this thread is a great idea. It gives everyone a chance to know you a little better and reminds us the dev team are more than just code machines. :)

Within my long journey and time in mangos i finished my bachelor, got a job in automation programming and spend my free time with family and friends. Remembering the time before vmaps and SDB database, where the NPC's are moving throught the roof. But the journey is not over. It is simply changing direction from time to time.

Hi there !

Nice idea antiroot. I like the title of this post.

Well here in the south of France living is easy in our nice little medieval village... weather is sunny... even if heavy clouds are seeming to come from all parts... clouds called state debt... politics incompetence... and preparations of war on the middle east... we try not to think about all that, what's the use anyway. My wife is happy with our new clock ticking wow server, she spends hours on it while I spend ours on my design work. We just bought a farm in the center of France; tones of work to renovate the place! But it's going to be fun... and lots of pain for my back! I want to be as most independent as possible concerning energy ! We've got this great projet of building à masonery heat system! We will heat the house, have hot water and cook using wood! And the construction is a beauty! We are very exited by the project!... We might go on the market today... buy some nice cheese and fresh eggs and bread... or stay at home:)

Hi there !

Nice idea antiroot. I like the title of this post.

Well here in the south of France living is easy in our nice little medieval village... weather is sunny... even if heavy clouds are seeming to come from all parts... clouds called state debt... politics incompetence... and preparations of war on the middle east... we try not to think about all that, what's the use anyway. My wife is happy with our new clock ticking wow server, she spends hours on it while I spend ours on my design work. We just bought a farm in the center of France; tones of work to renovate the place! But it's going to be fun... and lots of pain for my back! I want to be as most independent as possible concerning energy ! We've got this great projet of building à masonery heat system! We will heat the house, have hot water and cook using wood! And the construction is a beauty! We are very exited by the project!... We might go on the market today... buy some nice cheese and fresh eggs and bread... or stay at home:)

You are on the best way to live my dream :D

Overall, I'm fine, thank you for asking.

During the past year I tried to do a little work on mangos-zero but didn't manage to have the time: too much "IRL" job and a baby coming (here now and fine).

I'll try to do the few things that my small C programming skills allow me do to. :)

Belated congratulations to the new parents! I hope your baby is healthy, happy, and brings you much joy. :D

All of my nieces and nephews have either become parents or well on their way to college. I miss their younger years, before I went from being the "cool uncle" to an old fart that knows nothing. :lol:

Thank you! Baby is healthy and growing (too?) quickly and indeed bringing much joy.

I have no illusion I won't always be the "nice dad baby always smile at" and instead will become "the old dad that can't understand teenage feelings". Sure kid, I was born a full grown adult. ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived