looking for the happy number 404...

rumpilstilskin

Question

Hello all,

Ok a bunch of questions !

I tried a few weeks ago to upgrade to the 404 udb revision and failed.

Now my 401 udb server is working fine so I'm not quite sure I want to “break” it all by attempting to update... in an other hand I really would like to know how to update ! Also I don't understand since a year ago I updated with success from my original install in 399 to 401.

A solution would be to create a new 404 server on my laptop and keep the 401 on my desktop.

First question : if I upload this new server with characters, mangos, realmd and scriptdev2 sql files from my desktop server to my laptop will I have all the modification I created in quests, npc and items? If not is there a file where I can find all these modifications?

Other question : If I finaly I decide to have my 401 server on my laptop can I just download the necessary programs ( Git, Tortoise SVN, Visual Studio, MySQL and SQL) and just transport my WoW and Mangos files on the C disk of my laptop? Or should in any case I have to go thru the whole process of installation?

Finally, I would very much appreciate if you guys could check the following process of installation and update, I have with no doubt something wrong there ! If you could be kind enough to tell what is wrong it would be great !

A/ Install process

1 – Install Git, Tortoise SVN, Visual Studio ++ 2008 Express, MySQL and SQL

2 – Cloning Mangos;

“GIT GUI”, “Clone Existing Repository”, enter git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git. Target Directory C:\\Mangos (The Target Directory must not exist)

Click “Clone” and wait for the task to finish – Close your “GIT GUI”

3- Cloning Scriptdev2;

Right click on C:\\Mangos and choose “Git Bash”

Type the following command replacing the XXXX by the numbers within the file name located in C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2\\patches :

git am src/bindings/ScriptDev2/patches/MaNGOS-XXXX-ScriptDev2.patch

Close the GIT Bash

4 – Compiling Mangos and Scrptdev2

Open the “sln” file that fit your version of C++

mangosdVC80 for C++ 2005

mangosdVC90 for C++ 2008

mangosdVC100 for a newer version of C++

Wait for C++ to finish loading. You’ll see a message on the bottom saying “Updating Intellisense”. It will change for “Ready” it’s done.

Click “Build” in the menu and select “Configuration Manager”

Click “Release” in the drop down box for “Active Solution Configuration”

The drop down box “Active Solution Platform” should already be set to “Win32”

Click on “Close”

Then, click “Build” in the menu and select “Build Solution”

Close the window when it’s done

Go to your C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2

Open the “sln” file that fit your version of C++

scriptVC80 For C++ 2005

scriptVC90.sln For C++ 2008

Wait for C++ to finish loading. You’ll see a message on the bottom saying “Updating Intellisense”. It will change for “Ready” it’s done.

Click “Build” in the menu and select “Configuration Manager”

Click “Release” in the drop down box for “Active Solution Configuration”

The drop down box “Active Solution Platform” should already be set to “Win32”

Click on “Close”

Then, click “Build” in the menu and select “Build Solution”

Close the window when it’s done

5 -Installing Mangos

Transfer the files from your compile folder into C:\\Mangos

They should be in C:\\Mangos\\bin\\Win32_Release

Go to C:\\Mangos\\src\\mangosd and copy “mangosd.conf.dist.in” to “mangosd.conf” in C:\\Mangos

Go to C:\\Mangos\\src\\realmd and copy “realmd.conf.dist.in” to “realmd.conf” in C:\\Mangos

Go to C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2 and copy “scriptdev2.conf.dist.in” to “scriptdev2.conf” in C:\\Mangos

Verify your Versions

Open the file C:\\Mangos\\News in notepad. (The file doesn’t have an extension)

The version of the supported World of Warcraft client will be mentioned

Ex.: “Upgrade to client version 3.3.3 (build 11723)”

3.3.3 (build 11723) is your World of Warcraft client requirement. Big patch will change the version number although smaller patch will only affect the build number within the same version. You must match the exact build version with your client

The version can also be found later on in PART 15 - Updating your Database with SQL Files in the Mangos Database

Download newest UDB database and the latest UDB update packs

Update your World of Warcraft client to the supported version

Place the sql files uploaded in C:\\Mangos

6 - Extracting Files From Your Client

Verify that you WoW folder is not on read only mod

(right clic)

Copy exerything in C:\\Mangos\\contrib\\extractor_binary in your C:\\World of Warcraft

Run Ad.exe from your C:\\World of Warcraft

It all depends of your computer speed but this will take few minutes to extract the files

When finish, move the folders Maps, Vmaps and DBC that has been created in your C:\\World of Warcraft to your C:\\Mangos

Extracting mmaps (movement maps... you need them!)

1) right-click on your WoW file and choose Git Bash from the menu - a new window should open

2) type in ExtractResources.sh

3) WAIT A LOOOOONG TIME

4) put the mmap file created in C:\\Mangos file

7 - Installing and Configuring MySQL

Install MySQL Server choosing Typical or Complete setup

When the installation is completed

Keep the check mark to “configure the MySQL server now”

Remove the check mark from “register the MySQL server now”

Choose “Standard Configuration” when asked

Put a check mark to “Install as Windows Service” and “Launch MySQL Server Automatically”

The service name stays “MySQL”

Click next

Keep the check mark to “Modify Security Settings”

Choose a password for your Mangos Server

Put a check mark to “Enable root access from remote machines” unless you know your won’t need it

Default server password is mangos, you should change it if you are making an online server for other players or activating that last option

If you plan to use the IP of the machine instead of localhost, you plan on having a registration page on another machine, or plan on being able to access the database from another machine other than the one the databases are hosted on, “Enable Root Access from Remote Machines” needs to be activated

Complete the configuration clicking on next and execute

8 - Setting Up the SQL Connection

Install and Run your SQLclient. In this case “SQLyog”

Click the “New...” button at the top of the window to create a new connection

Name the connection anything you like such “World Of Warcraft SQL Server”

Fill out the fields as indicated below:

MySQL Host Address: This is “127.0.0.1” or “localhost” if your SQLclient is on the same machine as the MySQL server. If you’re accessing this from another computer, put the LAN IP address or the Internet IP address depending on your needs.

Username: Type in “root”

Password: This is the password you set up when you’ve installed the MySQL Community Server - Installing and Configuring MySQL)

Database(s): Leave this blank for now

Click “Connect” and save the change

9 - Adding Databases

In the top left-hand side, right-click “root@(IP here)”

Click “Create Database” and create the following database:

realmd

mangos

characters

Select mangos database on the left (any database could do for now)

Open with notepad

C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2\\sql\\scriptdev2_create_database.sql

Empty the “query” textbox to the right of SQLyog and paste the contents of the .sql file

Select all the text in the textbox (Ctrl-A), then press the play button (F9) in the toolbar at the top of SQLyog

Click “File” in the menu at the top of SQLyog

Click “New Connection”

This time in the databases field, type:

realmd;mangos;characters;scriptdev2

Click “Save”

Click “Connect”

Now, in the left-hand database list, right-click “realmd” and select “Import”, “Restore from SQL Dump”

Click “Browse”, and select C:\\Mangos\\sql\\realmd.sql

Click “Execute”

Right-click “characters” and select “Import”, “Restore from SQL Dump”

Click “Browse”, and select C:\\Mangos\\sql\\characters.sql

Click “Execute”

Right-click “mangos” and select “Import”, “Restore from SQL Dump”

Click “Browse”, and select the UDB database Core file you’ve download

Ex.: UDB_0.11.6_Core_8734_SD2_1480.sql

Click “Execute”

Select the ScriptDev2 database on the left

Open with notepad:

C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2\\sql\\scriptdev2_create_structure_mysql.sql

Empty the “query” textbox to the right of SQLyog and paste the contents of the .sql file

Select all the text in the textbox (Ctrl-A), then press the play button (F9) in the toolbar at the top of SQLyog

Keep ScriptDev2 database selected and do the same for:

C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2\\sql\\scriptdev2_script_full.sql

Select the Mangos database on the left and do the same for:

C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2\\sql\\mangos_scriptname_full.sql

10 - Updating your Database with SQL Files

Update by increasing numbers; first the corepatch (this creats the table) then the updatepacks (this will populate your table)

Open SQLyog and connect to your server if you’re not already there

For each Database check the udate required and apply by increasing number to the end of the updates in “Updates” file.

Locate the updates you will need to apply on the database. Either in your C:\\Mangos\\SQL\\Updates folder or from the files you’ve downloaded (UDB Updates Pack)

Open with Notepad the .sql file you are going to use to update the database

Select the database to be updated

Parts of the application will become greyed, wait for the query to finish executing

11 - Adding ACID

Download ACID for your Client version if it’s not done (Basic, The Burning Crusade or Wrath Of The Lich King)

Still in SQLYog, select your Mangos Database.

Empty the “query” textbox to the right of SQLyog, past the contents of the .sql file you’ve downloaded

Select all the text in the textbox (Ctrl-A), then press the play button (F9) in the toolbar at the top of SQLyog and wait for this to be complete

Close SQLYog

It is recommended that ACID be added at the very end of all your database manipulation

12 - Configuring Mangos

Open C:\\Mangos\\mangosd.conf in Notepad

Look for the following codes (and change them if necessary):

Datadir=“C:/Mangos”

WorldDatabaseInfo = “[server IP];3306;root;

;mangos”

LoginDatabaseInfo = “[server IP];3306;root;[sql password];realmd”

CharacterDatabaseInfo = “[server IP];3306;root;[sql password];characters”

vmap.enableLOS = 1

vmap.enableHeight = 1

vmap.ignoreMapIds = “369”

vmap.ignoreSpellIds = “7720”

GameType = 8

RealmZone = 1

Expansion = 2

AllowTwoSide.Accounts = 1

AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Chat = 1

AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Channel = 1

AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Group = 1

AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Guild = 1

AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Auction = 1

AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Mail = 1

AllowTwoSide.WhoList = 1

AllowTwoSide.AddFriend = 1

TalentsInspecting = 1

While tuning your configuration file, if you intend to use the Auction House Add-On, you might want to configure your Addon as well (See AHBot Part 3 – Tuning the AHBot.conf.dist.in)

Save and exit

Open C:\\Mangos\\realmd.conf in Notepad

Look for the following code (and change it if necessary):

LoginDatabaseInfo = “[server IP];3306;root;[sql password];realmd”

Save, exit

Open C:\\Mangos\\scriptdev2.conf in Notepad

Look for the following code (and change it if necessary):

ScriptDev2DatabaseInfo = “[server IP];3306;root;[sql password];scriptdev2”

Save, exit

Copy C:\\Mangos\\mangosd.conf into C:\\Mangos\\mangosd.conf.old

Copy C:\\Mangos\\realmd.conf into C:\\Mangos\\realmd.conf.old

Copy C:\\Mangos\\scriptdev2.conf into C:\\Mangos\\scriptdev2.conf.old

[b] 13[/b] - Setting Up your World Of Warcraft Client

Copy C:\\World Of Warcraft\\Data\\enUS\\realmlist.wtf to realmlist.old within the same folder

Your locale folder may be named differently according to your region (“enUS”, “enGB”, “frFR”, “deDE”, etc)

Open realmlist.wtf in Notepad and change the contents to the following:

set realmlist [server IP]

set patchlist [server IP]

[b] 14[/b] - Running your Server

Launch C:\\Mangos\\mangosd.exe and C:\\Mangos\\realmd.exe

[b]B/ How to Update your Server[/b]

[b]1 [/b]- Write your supported version of Mangos.

Verify your Versions

Open the file C:\\Mangos\\News in notepad.

The version of the supported World of Warcraft client will be mentioned

Ex.: “Upgrade to client version 3.3.3 (build 11723)”

[b]2 [/b]– Mangos update

Right click on your C:\\Mangos folder and choose “GIT GUI Here”

Click on the menu “Remote”, “Fetch From”, “origin”

Wait until completion

Then close the Fetch window

Click on the menu “Merge”, “Local Merge”, “origin/master” and click on “Merge”

Wait until completion

If you get an error that says that a file is being modified, select the appropriate file in the list on the left and then click on the “Commit” button located in the middle

For any other errors on the above, try the menu ”Branch”, Reset...”

To see what changes happened, go to the menu “Repository”, “Visualise Master's History”

Close the GIT application windows

[b]3[/b] – ScriptDev2 Update

Right click on your C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2 folder and choose “SVN Update”

[b]4[/b]– Patch Update

Get all other Add-on updates that you're using and reapply them. (AHBot for example)

[b]5[/b] - Updating the files

Re-compile Mangos and ScriptDev2.

See 4 in Install process

[b]6[/b] – Install Mangos

See 5 in Install process

[b]7[/b] – Extract new maps, dbc, vmaps and mmaps

See : 6 - Extracting Files From Your Client in Install Process

[b]8[/b]- Download the newest UDB updates and update

SEE : 10 - Updating your Database with SQL Files in install Process

[b]9 [/b]– configure mangos

see: 12 - Configuring Mangos in Install process

your done... well you should be if nothing is wrong above... but obviously there is something wrong since it doesn't work :(

[b]

Thanks for helping ![/b]

Hi velvet,

Your right to send me to the README doc, infortunatly I followed the procedure aleready with non complete result.

With ad.exe in wow folder I have the maps and dbc folder ok but the Vmap folder and files missing.

Tryed also with ExtractResources.sh. Directly opened or also Git Bashed on wow folder and ExtractResources.sh.

Got the following message in the consol :

b93498fa9c517f37226290c2ae8d2t.jpg

Got it also when I right click on the Git icon on my desk... but that's of no use, I have to Git bash from the WoW folder...

I did that, then changed directory to where the files were:-

the quirk i found was that couldn't use the \\ separator

so once in the Git Bash command prompt:-

cd <drive to WOW>:                                      CD G:
cd <path to wow folder>                                 CD "World of Warcraft"

then

extractresources.sh

OK need some more detail please Antz.

Don't know the syntaxe used in the console. Just copy extractresources.sh when needed.

So I have to give the console the path to my wow folder. Tryed to copy what you have entered. Doesn't work on my laptop.

My wow folder is at C:/Utilisateurs/World of Warcraft.

What shoud I enter in the console please?

No way to compile ScriptDev2 !

Started over from scratch.

Downloade Visual Studio C++ 2010 Express.

Cloned the server. Cloned Script.

Compiled the server with mangosdVC100.sln with no errors.

Failed compiling Scripts with scriptVC100.sln !

1>------ Build started: Project: ScriptDev2, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

1> Extracting revision

1> boss_midnight.cpp

1> mulgore.cpp

1> boss_noth.cpp

1> boss_ingvar.cpp

1>..\\scripts\\kalimdor\\mulgore.cpp(121): error C2039: 'GetEffectMiscValue' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1> c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\DBCStructure.h(1565) : see declaration of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\scripts\\northrend\\utgarde_keep\\utgarde_keep\\boss_ingvar.cpp(157): error C2039: 'GetEffectMiscValue' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1> c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\DBCStructure.h(1565) : see declaration of 'SpellEntry'

1> shadowmoon_valley.cpp

1>..\\scripts\\eastern_kingdoms\\karazhan\\boss_midnight.cpp(220): error C2039: 'GetMechanic' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1> npc_professions.cpp

1> spell_scripts.cpp

1>..\\scripts\\world\\npc_professions.cpp(229): error C2065: 'SpellEffectEntry' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\scripts\\world\\npc_professions.cpp(229): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'const'

1>..\\scripts\\world\\npc_professions.cpp(229): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'const'

1>..\\scripts\\world\\npc_professions.cpp(230): error C2065: 'pSpellEffect' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\scripts\\world\\npc_professions.cpp(233): error C2065: 'pSpellEffect' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\scripts\\world\\npc_professions.cpp(233): error C2227: left of '->EffectTriggerSpell' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

1> type is ''unknown-type''

1>..\\scripts\\world\\spell_scripts.cpp(762): error C2039: 'GetEffectMiscValue' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\scripts\\northrend\\naxxramas\\boss_noth.cpp(160): error C2065: 'SpellEffectEntry' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\scripts\\northrend\\naxxramas\\boss_noth.cpp(160): error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' before 'const'

1>..\\scripts\\northrend\\naxxramas\\boss_noth.cpp(160): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'const'

1>..\\scripts\\northrend\\naxxramas\\boss_noth.cpp(160): warning C4390: ';' : empty controlled statement found; is this the intent?

1>..\\scripts\\northrend\\naxxramas\\boss_noth.cpp(160): error C2059: syntax error : ')'

1>..\\scripts\\northrend\\naxxramas\\boss_noth.cpp(161): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'

1>..\\scripts\\northrend\\naxxramas\\boss_noth.cpp(162): error C2065: 'pSpellEffect' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\scripts\\northrend\\naxxramas\\boss_noth.cpp(162): error C2227: left of '->Effect' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

1> sc_creature.cpp

1>..\\scripts\\outland\\shadowmoon_valley.cpp(358): error C2039: 'GetEffectMiscValue' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(244): error C2039: 'GetMechanic' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(248): error C2039: 'GetManaCost' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(251): error C2039: 'GetManaCost' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(255): error C2039: 'GetManaCost' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(299): error C2039: 'GetManaCost' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(333): error C2065: 'SpellEffectEntry' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(333): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'const'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(333): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'const'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(334): error C2065: 'pSpellEffect' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(338): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(342): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(343): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(347): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(348): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(349): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(350): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(354): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(355): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(356): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(357): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(358): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(359): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(363): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(364): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(365): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(369): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(370): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(371): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(375): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(376): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(377): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(378): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(379): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(380): error C2039: 'GetEffectImplicitTargetAByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(384): error C2065: 'pSpellEffect' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(384): error C2227: left of '->Effect' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(385): error C2065: 'pSpellEffect' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(385): error C2227: left of '->Effect' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(386): error C2065: 'pSpellEffect' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(386): error C2227: left of '->Effect' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(387): error C2065: 'pSpellEffect' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(387): error C2227: left of '->Effect' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(391): error C2065: 'pSpellEffect' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(391): error C2227: left of '->Effect' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(392): error C2065: 'pSpellEffect' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(392): error C2227: left of '->Effect' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(393): error C2065: 'pSpellEffect' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(393): error C2227: left of '->Effect' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(394): error C2065: 'pSpellEffect' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(394): error C2227: left of '->Effect' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(394): error C2039: 'GetEffectApplyAuraNameByIndex' : is not a member of 'SpellEntry'

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(398): error C2065: 'pSpellEffect' : undeclared identifier

1>..\\include\\sc_creature.cpp(398): error C2227: left of '->Effect' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

:(

OK next steep is upgrading data I guess.

My server is Revision 12176.

Last update in C:/mangos/sql/updates is : 12148_02_mangos_mangos_string.sql

Does my server need updates or could i just run it like this?

Also since the begining of this post... udb version is now... 405^^

I would like to be able to upgrade with no problems. Is there a simple way of upgrading server and data or is it necessary to go trough all the stages of install?

Ok downloaded

405_corepatch_mangos_11929_to_12111

and

405_updatepack_mangos

but also InstallFullUDB.sh for Revision 405

Can I update to 405 by just Git Bash on my mangos file then InstallFullUDB.sh ?

Or should I apply via SQLyog 406_corepatch_mangos and then 405_updatepack_mangos ?

@ Antz, you wright : "then apply the SQL updates upto 12176_01 and you should be good to go."

But my last update in C:/mangos/sql/updates is : 12148_02_mangos_mangos_string.sql

Where should I find the following updated up to 12176_01 please ?

Thanks !

Archived