[Wiki] scriptzero compile error

klyxmaster

to help any of the devs offering a little assistant, i been compiling servers for little over 6yrs.. so no noob here (alhtough have been known to cross compile LOL)

Ok, with that being said. I live and breath vanilla - just love it, I 've done everything up to cata. but prefer vanilla..

I compiled the script and imported as usual. ran perfect. flawless the first time (hey, after a few years it better :-) )

Then got a nasty bug - Oooo Ya, forgot to compile the script. - so went to do that. got the famous following error:

1>------ Build started: Project: ScriptDev0, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  Extracting revision
1>  The system cannot find the path specified.
1>C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 3.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

no biggy, things have changed over the years.. so reread the tuts - got al lthe correct git clones recompiled - same error.

I moved the script0 to /src/bindings/script0

same error.

So me thinks I am getting compiler procedures mixed up.. can anyone point me in the right direction. what is the path it cant find?

current path layout:

C:\\vanilla\\mangosZero_src\\server\\src\\bindings\\scriptdev0

I retraced my steps - apparently the first compile of mangos was on "debug" - which is odd since I had it default to "release", so while it appeared to compile, it was not, and i kept rechecking the script for "release" - it was only when I went back and did it from scratch that I saw the "debug".

All is good.

attn mod: you can delete this thread, or leave it as another thing to check when people stumble on that error (and I see it posted a lot) - my first suggestion would be to make sure they have it set on "RELEASE" unlike noob me :-)

cheers - glad you keep the project going!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use