I vow.... to make a tutorial [Tutorial Thread/Tutorial Requests]

Guest Blackknight

after seeing this message

Yeah, the in-fighting and ego's of some of the team severely demoralised a lot of people.

I enjoy playing wow via Mangos and thats the reason why I helped keep this project going. All the ego-maniacs have left leaving the rest of us to enjoy the project without getting slapped down or criticised for our lack of knowledge.

Mangos was always supposed to be about learning and helping others, along the way that seemed have been forgotten.

- I intend to bring that back to mangos.

In the 5 months since i've been on the team I focussed heavily on knocking the wiki into shape and documenting as such as possible.

- Over 2000 new Wiki pages were created during that time

I am also pushing for anyone that has done any research into things we take for granted like the map/vmap extractors and other tools to publish their findings.

- I myself have been reverse engineering ad.exe to see exactly how it does what it does.

Just glad to have you around, the more the merrier :)

I will once we are back on our feet write a short tutorial, on how to make an npc and edit the databases .....I still remember working out how

I think its least I can give back ;)

oh yeah by me saying this....feel free to bug me about the above all you want :P this post is reminder to myself as well

I figure this did not fit in with the other thread

anyone else want to post something that you will bugged about later ?

Hey, let's make this a Tutorial request thread?

I did a tutorial for creating items and itemset in mangostwo. But since it contains DBC and MPQ editing I haven't published it yet. Antz wanted to ask the legal team if it's alright.

And then someone took over the repos...

Hey, let's make this a Tutorial request thread?

I did a tutorial for creating items and itemset in mangostwo. But since it contains DBC and MPQ editing I haven't published it yet. Antz wanted to ask the legal team if it's alright.

And then someone took over the repos...

sure why not, let see if I can change thread title

Archived