[M3] Database...

wolverine

I remember people discussing who has what database and how if we are not using a MaNGOS sanctioned database that we need to report errors back to the owner of the database we are using...

Does this mean that there is no Cataclysm database, was one and it is now lost... If there is not a M3 database for us, then why don't we make one? I'm assuming all you do is decompress and export the dbc files into sql queries and then import them to a sql server...?

nope, not that simple

there is no complete picture of the world creatures / mobs / npc

- The client downloads the information from the server as you play - this is why the database is a 'challenge' for a long dead version of the game :(

On the plus side, I resurrected the missing database repo the other day, so it should be there now.

Alright. I could be entirely wrong, but still, does anyone have or know where to get a functional Mangos Three database? What I have appears to be incomplete.

I'm missing tables for stuff like account_data in the character database, or the auction table from the same database. Not to mention the databases that I have been through thus far for Three are not organized. I'm thinking about just pushing all the config files to the one database that I am importing to and leaving all the tables where they are. Maybe it can work that way.

Well, unfortunately, so far, I don't like three. I had a copy of Cataclysm client and it wouldn't run. Missing files. So I have to download a new copy and install it from scratch and try to do it so that the autoupdater doesn't get hold of anything and update me to MoP again. :/

Anyway, I'm gonna keep trying.

Archived