[SOLVED] [One] MoveMapsGen.sh doesn't work on Linux?

IntelMiner

Question

G'day ladies and gentlemen

I'm taking a stab at setting up a WoW TBC server for a friend. I've gotten as far as extracting "mmaps"

Running the MoveMapsGen.sh command spits this out, and doesn't extract anything http://bpaste.net/raw/110411/

It DOES work under Windows, however.

I've tinkered with the script itself and can't find anything wrong specifically. I'd love to know if anyone else is having this issue or not

22 answers to this question

Darn it takes a long time, just using MoveMapGen.exe seems to work at least, will give it a go with the batch script now and see how that works out.

Update:

The script seems to work fine on Windows as well, will try Linux when i get home later today

Also, just to make sure. You do have all the programs and extracted vmaps etc in your wow base folder? Ie: /path/to/wow has the files MoveMapGen.exe and MoveMapGen.sh? Try running the script with parameter 1 instead of 4 aswell.

I've done just about everything to the script I can think of. Oddly enough it seems to work when running it on Windows (or even in WINE) but "natively" on Linux it seems to just fizzle out

I'll take a crack at using the TBC torrent link posted on the Forums and see if its the game client I have that is in fact faulty

I'm giving it a go for zero on my linux machine now, haven't been able to transfer tbc over to here so testing on vanilla instead. Will use the same script as one has though.

Edit:

It seems to be working fine on linux aswell :/ Please report back when you've downloaded a new tbc client and we can try getting to the bottom of this. If you only run

MoveMapGen.exe --offMeshFile offmesh.txt

what does that give you?

Hi lfx.

I tried using both "bash ExtractResources.sh" which seemed to work until it started calling MoveMapGen, and calling MoveMapGen itself

The command I ran was bash MoveMapGen.sh 4

I've also tried appending a source and dest folder to that command, which has not made any difference

I had a something similar the other night with this, it seemed to have hung. However I pressed enter a couple of times and it started doing stuff again

Running the command with the OffMeshFile command seems to print the same error http://bpaste.net/show/111299/

Annoyingly the WoW TBC torrent on the other part of the forums appears to be a "dead" torrent (0 seeds, 0 peers)

A friend of mine (the one who wants the server up) does however have the original CD's of the game. I'll try installing the game with those, then dumping the maps out that way

Otherwise, if you could point me to where you got your copy of TBC, LFX I would be most appreciative :D

It seems you're still calling the script, call the MoveMapGen.exe instead of the bash script with that command line and see if that gives you anything else.

I can create a torrent and start seeding it, i've got 100 mbit so hopefully you'll get that down quick in that case :) Just give me a minute

Edit: Here's the link: http://www.seedpeer.me/details/6001954/wow-2-4-3.html Will keep seeding it aswell :)

Grabbed the torrent, 0 seeds listed at the moment. Will leave it up on my server and hopefully it should shuffle it down.

As for running the MoveMapGen.exe script. Seems to just crash in the WINE command prompt (no output to the console nor wineCMD)

I did compile MoveMapGen for Linux (and use the precompiled version) both seem to have the error

MoveMapGen.exe on Windows seems to work (fingers crossed) I'll leave it running and see what happens

WoW torrent seems to be slowly coming down (50KB/s) so I should be able to verify if that works for me in about 48 hours

Grabbed the torrent, 0 seeds listed at the moment. Will leave it up on my server and hopefully it should shuffle it down.

As for running the MoveMapGen.exe script. Seems to just crash in the WINE command prompt (no output to the console nor wineCMD)

PM'd you with a link to the ISO for BC :)

Tried building from scratch on my dedicated server (also Gentoo x64) to the same result

Threw Debian 7.0 x64 on an old PC, cloned the git repos etc...same result!

I'm three for three with this script failing on Linux boxes, I think the script may be bugged =/

Okay, so after days and days, Lfxgroove and I finally seemed to "fix" the issue

The root underlying cause, for anyone reading this in the future: DON'T RUN THE SCRIPT AS ROOT do everything as the normal user, from cloning the GIT repositories to running the scripts to running the server daemon!

Hi lfx.

I tried using both "bash ExtractResources.sh" which seemed to work until it started calling MoveMapGen, and calling MoveMapGen itself

The command I ran was bash MoveMapGen.sh 4

I've also tried appending a source and dest folder to that command, which has not made any difference

If you haven't, you will need to compile MoveMapGen first by going into the folder and issuing `cmake .` then running `make` which will produce an executable that you can use if you put it in the same folder as MoveMapGen.sh, something like this:

cd ~/server/contrib/mmap/
cmake .
make
cp ./MoveMapGen ../extractor_binaries
cp ../extractor_binaries
./MoveMapGen.sh 1

If you haven't done the first few steps i listed, ie compile it all that is probably the problem. Also, give it a go with the parameter 1 first just to be sure it starts doing anything at all, if it seems to work you can cancel it and restart :)

Also, iirc you will have to move the script and binary to the data folder in WoW for which you want to extract, i think there's some info on this in the extraction guide in the wiki. If you can't find it just tell me and i'll dig it up :)

On a side note: If you don't want to run it with bash explicitly you could do this:

chmod +x MoveMapGen.sh

After that it could be run like this:

./MoveMapGen.sh 1

Please post back with results :)

I already tried running both the precompiled binary and one built from source (GCC 4.6.3-Gentoo), both versions seem to have the error

Running MoveMapGen with any amount of cores (1-4) has it dump out that same error annoyingly

Did a fresh GIT clone on to my laptop (also running Gentoo) compiled it and attempted to run the program, same result

Archived