[four]which are compiling programs

grimgray

Question

16 answers to this question

and because I like to with the programs that are aki cmake, microsoft visual 2008 with Git Extensions and more as I'm using cmake to copliar the server's error

This script builds the MaNGOS server.  Options that can be used in order to configure the process:
 CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX  Path where the server should be installed to
 PCH           Use precompiled headers
 DEBUG          Debug mode
 TBB_USE_EXTERNAL    Use external TBB
 USE_STD_MALLOC     Use standard malloc instead of TBB
 ACE_USE_EXTERNAL    Use external ACE
To set an option simply type -D<OPTION>=<VALUE> after 'cmake <srcs>'.
Also, you can specify the generator with -G. see 'cmake --help' for more details
For example: cmake .. -DDEBUG=1 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/mangos

Detected 32-bit platform.
Could NOT find Git (missing: GIT_EXECUTABLE) 
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:142 (message):
This project requires ACE installed when ACE_USE_EXTERNAL is set. Please
download the ACE Micro Release Kit from [url]http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/[/url]
and install it. If this script didn't find ACE and it was correctly
installed please set ACE_ROOT to the correct path.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

First use ACE version 6.0.x. ACE 6.1 had API changes and these have not yet been implemented in mangos.

2nd, ACE includes Visual Studio project files, from which you can build the whole library. Once built, you install the DLLs, and header files into a folder of your choice.

Then it's best to run CMake using the GUI, where you can set the paths to where you installed the ACE dlls, and also the header files.

Sadly I can't give more hints, since I only use Linux, and have no Windows installation at hand.

Can you please try to compile yourself, and actually do something and show screenshots, command line logs, where you are stuck?

This whole process is for sure to much for you if you never used a compiler before. Would be good to know if you're an absolute rookie.

I can only help you if you at least try things out yourself.

Building ACE e.g. is described on the ACE website.

look the error

This script builds the MaNGOS server.
Options that can be used in order to configure the process:
 CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX  Path where the server should be installed to
 PCH           Use precompiled headers
 DEBUG          Debug mode
 TBB_USE_EXTERNAL    Use external TBB
 USE_STD_MALLOC     Use standard malloc instead of TBB
 ACE_USE_EXTERNAL    Use external ACE
To set an option simply type -D<OPTION>=<VALUE> after 'cmake <srcs>'.
Also, you can specify the generator with -G. see 'cmake --help' for more details
For example: cmake .. -DDEBUG=1 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/mangos

Detected 32-bit platform.
MaNGOS-Core revision : Git not found
Install server to   : C:/Program Files/MaNGOS
Use PCH        : No
Build in debug-mode  : No (default)
CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:647 (file):
file problem creating directory: C:/Program Files/MaNGOS
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:1657 (_ep_set_directories)
dep/ACE_wrappers/CMakeLists.txt:37 (ExternalProject_Add)

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:649 (message):
dir 'C:/Program Files/MaNGOS' does not exist after file(MAKE_DIRECTORY)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:1657 (_ep_set_directories)
dep/ACE_wrappers/CMakeLists.txt:37 (ExternalProject_Add)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I just want to create that server 5.3.0 can not talk to me https://github.com/mangosfour/server I can create

Hi,

If you had told us it was Mangos Four to start with we would of been able to tell you it is currently not working.

Mangos Three is the newest core we have working and it is considered in "Alpha" status.

Mangos Four is in "Development" status (it does not work yet).

Moved to the correct place. If you want to compile one of the cores i'd recommend looking in the wiki for one of the guides or if you're running windows you could look here: http://community.getmangos.eu/index.php?topic=19787.0 otherwise a good place to start with links etc is the FAQ: http://community.getmangos.eu/index.php?topic=19764.0 Hope this helps! :)

... and hi from me!

If you want to compile mangos, you should also tell us, if you intend to use Windows, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Linux, etc.

Each have different compilers and thus different installation instructions.

If you're looking for the easiest one, I would recommend mangos under Linux. It's by far the platform where mangos runs best, and also is built and installed within a maximum of 15 minutes.

Archived