Oculus Rift anyone?

madmax

So those of you who are into virtual reality will of course there is a new VR headset on the market called the Oculus Rift... which is supposed to be better then some systems costing over 100k!

The Oculus Rift currently is released as a developer kit which I have ordered and hope to get my hands on! It currently costs $300

I'm looking forward to trying the Roller coaster (Rift coaster) and games like Outlast, Amnesia a machine for pigs and any other games I can get my hands on.

You can see a video explaining the Rift below, the Rift has support of people like John Carmack and Gabe Newell behind it!

I'll wait til its released. According to the guys from the gamescom stand this will be in the second half of 2014 iIrc.

This is because I tried it at the gamescom and I'm not satisfied with the optics. The view is kinda rasterised, wich makes the overall picture very imprecise and therefore unfitting for my purposes. But the guy I talked to also said, that this will definitely be improved. If thats not happening, I just buy TrackIR.

Also take a look at Dslyecxi's statement

Archived