[Resolved] I get warnings when I generate mangos zero in cmake

kris914g

Question

hi i have finally installed cmake add ons and I get no error when I configure but when I generater I get these warnings:

Visual C++ 2012 detected.

Found ACE: optimized;C:/Program Files (x86)/ACE/6.0.8/lib/ACE.lib;debug;C:/Program Files (x86)/ACE/6.0.8/lib/ACEd.lib;winmm

Found MySQL: C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/include, C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib

Configuring done

WARNING: Target "RecastDemo" requests linking to directory "C:/Users/kris914g/Desktop/SDL2-2.0.1/lib/x86". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "RecastDemo" requests linking to directory "C:/Users/kris914g/Desktop/SDL2-2.0.1/lib/x86". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-shared" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-vmap" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-vmap" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-shared" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "vmap-assembler" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "vmap-assembler" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mmap-generator" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mmap-generator" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-auctionhouse-bot" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-auctionhouse-bot" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-battleground" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-battleground" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-outdoor-pvp" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-outdoor-pvp" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-movement" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-movement" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "realmd" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "realmd" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-game" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-game" requests linking to directory "C:/Users/kris914g/Desktop/lua-5.2.2/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-game" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangos-game" requests linking to directory "C:/Users/kris914g/Desktop/lua-5.2.2/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangosd" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangosd" requests linking to directory "C:/Users/kris914g/Desktop/lua-5.2.2/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangosd" requests linking to directory "C:/Program Files/MySQL/Connector C++ 1.1.3/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "mangosd" requests linking to directory "C:/Users/kris914g/Desktop/lua-5.2.2/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

Generating done

it seems to work right? or have I done something wrong?

You have done a few things wrong here:

[li]Instead of downloading a the MySQL community edition server version 5.5 you downloaded the MySQL connector, which is not the database client library and also not the development files required.[/li]

[li]You used SDL2, instead of SDL1.[/li]

Both are issues which can be resolved by downloading the proper versions, and applications.

im sry Sanctum32 that guide is for 0.18.0 im trying to compile 0.18.1

but Theluda I do not know if you know this but I'm very new inside of mangos and I thought that it was hard to figure out what to do so when I found out how to compiler one mangos server 100% I create installers for Ace and the many accredited programs which you should build and create a detailed guide where it all is because I thought mangos are really good. and so I thought if you could show me how to exactly install ace after you have built it and see if I've made mistakes if you bother it, I can quickly learn how to do and then I will urgently embark on guidsne and i will make installers to ace and the other addons for cmake hope you will help me you can get my team viewer in private chat if youwant to help

I think ACE is not your issue any longer.

According to the CMake out put from above, Cmake could find both the ACE libs/DLLs, and the headers.

As far as I can see, you have issues with installing MySQL server, and you try to build the Recast demo (which I can only recommend if you intend to actually write code for movement maps).

So, install MySQL Server Community edition 5.5 and use a custom install with development files, and you will be finished.

There is no need to build installers.

The only thing you actually have to build is the ACE framework, the rest all has installers which work.

Plus: sooner or later (as in within the next three months) the dependency on ACE will be removed. We do plan to use standard c++ features instead, so that you do have to build exactly zero dependencies, but just downloads four files, and install them.

We do explicitly not want any custom solution for libraries, we want you (as in all users) to use the packages shipped by the developers for Windows, or packages shipped by the distribution vendor for Linux/BSD/Mac OS.

yea i have generated mangos zero in cmake with out any errors and warnings but! when im trying to release mangos-zero in visual studio i got all this errors you can check them in this zip file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45798270/Screenshots.zip

Hmm, that is new to me. Looks like something didn't link in correctly. Looks to be the ACE binary again or something else that's causing it.

yea i have generated mangos zero in cmake with out any errors and warnings but! when im trying to release mangos-zero in visual studio i got all this errors you

ok, apparently you did not copy the ACE include directory completely. It looks like you just copied the headers from ACE_Wrappers/ace/ to ProgramFiles\ACE\VERSION\include\ace.

Look at the screenshot at: http://imageshack.us/a/img706/3640/gesy.png

As you can see in the lower left corner, ace subdirectories have to be copied as well. This is your problem.

okay i will try paste2 i have done what with zconf but now i got alot of mysql errors i cant see what im doing wrong?

Okay, which MySQL version did you install? Did you install the MySQL server Community Edition version 5.5.x in custom mode with development files? Because this error output does not look like it.

Also, rerun CMake, and remove the flag from the WITH_RECASTDEMO setting. It does not work anyway.

This is related to you trying to use Doxygen during the build

I would recommend to open cmake, switch to advanced view, and disable doxygen API doc generation, then regenerate the project files.

It seems doxygen does not like spaces in directories.

Also: generating doxygen API docs on Windows will extend your build time by hours.

Okay, I am sorry, but: this screenshot pretty much proves that either ignored or just did not read half of the instructions I gave in this thread.

You should use MySQL 5.5, but use 5.6. This is simply not supported.

Also: disable the WITH_RECASTDEMO flag in CMake.

Finally: open cmake, regenerate, and open the project aain in visual studio.

Please try to follow the instructions I gave in this thread, or it is simply impossible for me to help you.

The whole installation and build process usually takes 30 minutes, even for a novice, and this thread already cost me hours of my time which feels like a waste if you refuse to read what I right and do things differently than described. :'(

You can safely ignore these. Apparently you use a newer Doxygen install. We have create the doxygen template with Doxygen 1.7 so that you are not forced to use brand new software but can use last years versions, too.

But: since these are warnings, and no errors, according to your build log, the server has been built successfully which means you just have to install it.

Let me say this: with Linux you would have been done in ~ 10 minutes.

Archived