Extracting Maps for MaNGOS r12777 4.3.4 Issue

reppz

Question

Greetings fellow azerothians & MaNGOS people of the interwebs -- this issue has been annoying me for ages now, I've made a fresh compile of MaNGOS rev 12777 & everything so far is smooth. The only problem is extracting the maps,

I'm not sure if it's because my 4.3.4 client is patched or maybe I need to leave it open on a random server so it can complete the stream download (Data folder is already 29gb.) Whenever I make a fresh compile of Ad.exe and drag it into the client

all that happens is the DBC files extracts then it gets as far as saying "local enGB extracting data/world.mpq" and it stops working. Before the DBC's wouldn't extract it would just be an error. I must be missing something, I've just come back from a 2/3 year

break from server emulation, never seen anything weird happening with Ad.exe before. Also ran as admin in different compatibility modes as well as trying to run it via CMD, same issue :S

Thanks fellow Azerothians!

-Reppz

[attachment deleted by admin]

10 answers to this question

Something is defiantly wrong, I have the full install of 4.3.4 & have extracted all of the Maps/Vmaps/DBC files multiple times. It keeps saying

ERROR:VMap file './vmaps/000.vmtree' is missing or point to wrong version vmap file, redo vmaps with latest vmap_assembler.exe program
2014-01-07 17:20:00 ERROR:Correct *.map files not found in path './maps' or *.vmtree/*.vmtile files in './vmaps'. Please place *.map and vmap files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file. 

I can't figure out why I'm getting this, I have the correct client & latest MangosThree core, tested this with TrinityCore and never got this error. Am I doing something wrong? I even tried changing the DataDir from "." to the location of my folder, same problem :S

have you set the datadir in mangos.conf to the correct location

Yeah, It's set to the exact directory. It's just telling me my Vmaps are out dated or corrupted, I've extracted these multiple times with the Make_Vmaps.bat, also tried the Extractor & Assembler .exe's after freshly compiling them.

Some time ago a user had a similar problem. The cause was a patched client from a previous expansion. I suggest to download a clean and full Cataclym client. For this purpose you can use wowregenration as well.

It's a fresh client, I just downloaded all of the data files with WoWregenration and still the same problem after extracting the Vmaps, It's so weird as I tested the Vmaps & Maps I extracted with TrinityCore and it worked, it's just with MaNGOS it tells me the Vmaps are wrong.

Start with the basics.... in the mangos.conf disable vmaps and mmaps and try again

Loads up untill the DBC's and then gives me an error asking me to update DBC files, updated them after running WoWregeneration.exe. Guess I'll have to buy the CD installers & patch my way up to 4.3.4 manually and try that.

Just torrented the 4.3.4 client that's 29GB, ran the Vmaps extractor in there, actually ran this time. I had 3 errors with the wow-update-base mpq files so I downloaded them off of 4shared and dragged them into the client's data folder. Re-running Vmaps Extractor now,

so far no errors and it's loaded the files! Hopefully this will be the solution to the problem, I'll update here if it works!

Archived