[Zero] [Solved] Could not find configuration file ./mangosd.conf

Zaronz

Question

Hi, this problem seems very trivial but I just can't wrap my head around what's wrong.

Whenever I open mangosd.exe the application opens up for less then half of a second displaying the error message " Could not find configuration file ./mangosd.conf. "

My mangosd.conf is in the folder, I have changed the filetype to .conf from .conf.dist. I am using the latest available version of the .conf file, also tried it on one of the pre-compiled bins available

in the downloads section of the forums and it works fine.

What's weird is that it works perfecly fine for realmd and its associated config file. I have the following .dll files in the directory: ACE.dll, ACEd.dll, bzip2.dll, libeay32.dll, libmySQL.dll, ssleay32.dll. mangosscript.dll and zlib1.dll

Anyone that knows what could be wrong?

5 answers to this question

An error like this happened to me a few years ago with the maps directory, I had to copy & paste the folder location in the Datadir "C:\Where_My_Folder_Was" path in Mangosd.conf. Not sure if that will help you since it's unable to even locate the config files,

I'd recommend grabbing the latest core files from mangos's GIT and re-compiling them!

An error like this happened to me a few years ago with the maps directory, I had to copy & paste the folder location in the Datadir "C:\Where_My_Folder_Was" path in Mangosd.conf. Not sure if that will help you since it's unable to even locate the config files,

I'd recommend grabbing the latest core files from mangos's GIT and re-compiling them!

Thanks for the reply. I can change the DataDir for various map and LogsDir in the config files, but as you mentioned it doesn't get to the point where it can open the config file at all.

As for re-compiling I have tried both the release and the developer branch version, tried compiling in both release and debug configurations.

Archived