[solved] [zero] unable to conect

KillerDragon

Question

Windows 2008 R2 SP1

Mangos[Zero]

Am unable to connect to the server from the game client. Bindip is set to the right ip address. realmd address is set in the database. the port 8085 works fine. able to test connect to it and got a connection. 3724 unable to connect to. I used telnet to test the connect with the ports.

I'm trying to help resolve your issue through our own resources. I remember that I had a similar problem...

Are you able to connect to realmd at least? You need these ports open on your server's firewall, if you are staying within your own network. You need to open them in your router if you are going across the internet.

Also, you said you are trying to get M0 to work for you. I remember this problem quite a bit on my own system. Never got a real solution for it, just worked when it wanted to. Either way, your client must be 1.12.2 or .3. Also, you need to modify your realmd/realmlist database to reflect your realm name and ip address as well. And the type of game you want to run. Whether it is a PvP or standard server, etc.

These are the only things that I can think of at the moment. I'll try to give more as I remember and read up on it.

I forgot, you have a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW client folder. Did you edit that to point to your IP address? It's simple. Just open the file in notepad/wordpad and then it should be the first line. It might point to the old WoW official servers or it might point to someone else's private server, depending on where you got it from. Either way, just edit that top line to reflect the ip of your server. In my case, I just replace the address at the end of the first line with 127.0.0.1 and everything starts working.

I think that your problem is that the client is .1. Needs .2. Alright. Congratulations. The guide says 1.12.1, but I was unable to connect with .1. I had to have .2. You have managed to stump me. I'm still researching. I'll get back to you in a moment.

I'm extracting an old copy of my client. I think I might have actually patched from Vanilla to WoTLK. Just a moment and I'll get you more info. :)

Hrmf. I'm totally baffled now. Is realmlist or realmd throwing any errors? You have your realmlist db setup...? AH! Is MySQL server even running? I made that mistake once. ;) I had everything running, turned of sql server and forgot to turn everything else off so I was running off of a partial cache of the db in memory.

Outside of everything we've already covered, I can't think of anything.

I'm totally sorry, man. :(

This is actually annoying me. I'm sorry, it's late for me here and my brain is at 1/8 power. So, I could be missing something totally obvious, but I'm not sure. I was going to grab M0 in the late morning, compile it and see if I am having the same problems as you. I prefer M2 for my personal fun time. It is possible that this could just be a glitch somewhere in the source that no one has noticed. We have been having a lot of trouble with M0 on Windows, unfortunately. And I'm a Windows guru. I'm also starting work on porting M2 to BSD as we have apparently discontinued M0 and M1. Not entirely positive why as there is a ton of work to be done on those two still and if memory serves the database is still only partial, something like 95% complete. Anyway, I digress. I have to get some rest and then I can try to help resolve your problem in the late morning. Unless someone beats me to the punch. LOL.

So would it be better if I went right away to m2 or m3 then? was trying M0 mainly as a test to see about getting any type of WoW server up and running.

Nah. I think I might have miscommunicated something last nite. As for which core to use, it's entirely up to you. I prefer WoTLK because that, in my opinion, was the last of the good stories from Blizzard. Just my opinion.

Some people will take a M2 core and they will limit everyone to the vanilla expansion (exp. lvl. 0 in the character database).

And as far as using 0 for a test, that's cool. That's the way I use to work. So... Let's see if we can't get you up and running today. :)

I forgot to ask you, are you trying to compile for 32-bit or 64-bit in visual studio?

Alrighty. I'm working on the Ace Wrappers right now for M0. Sorry for taking so long. Had to break and take the dog for his morning walk. ;) Back to work and had an idea. In program files/ACE/ do you have lib, include and bin in there? I took the directions quite literally and have ace, lib, bin and include in mine. If you are missing lib, include or bin, you might be having trouble there. Those are part of the networking system.

Sorry, ran into a massive snag. CMAKE is telling me that it cannot find ACE_INCLUDE_DIRS and when I tell it where to look for the ACE_INCLUDE_DIRS it tells me that there is nothing there. Waiting for some help on this and still fiddling trying to get it to work myself. I got through this once before and thought it was the dumbest solution ever, but now I don't remember the solution. :(

Got it figured out. I'll be compiling the debug 32-bit server in just a moment, finally.

I can't believe it stills takes forever to compile M0. They said that it was suppose to be quicker now. LOL

Leave the BindIP property in the configuration files to 0.0.0.0 and try it again.

Thanks, Hikari. Let's hope that that works for him. I think I might have heard that one once before, for the solution. Just didn't think of it this time.

*sigh* Still compiling the server. But once it is done I can go through all of this and start sorting it out and making my copy not work and then work. ;)

Alright. I use the git shell to do a lot of my work with MaNGOS in windows, and I usually run realmd.exe as follows

./realmd.exe &

The & makes it run in the background, but for some reason it has to be running up front, so I lost my realmd.exe and didn't realize it and was unable to connect.

Also, I set my bind address in realmd.conf to my internal ip 192.168.0.4, and the same for my realmlist db, and the realmlist.wtf file in WoW and I am currently able to connect on my system.

So, yeah. I got it working. I compiled it as a debug instead of release and it is a 32-bit compile for Windows 8 VS 2012. So, hopefully we have managed to help you out today, KillerDragon. :)

I got my server precompiled and am using what came with it in the zip. Its a 32-bit server program. bindip 0.0.0.0 doesn't work eather becouse that was set at defalt and I couldn't log on with that so I tryed binding to the internal ip address and it still didn't work. If I am missing some files I would love to have them.

I have:

ACE.dll

bzip2.dll

libeay32.dll

libmysql.dll

mangosd.conf

mangosd.exe

mangos-scripts.dll

realmd.conf

realmd.exe

scriptdev2.conf

zlib1.dll

Any firewall, which could block the required port?

Could you please post the contents of your realmlist.wtf file and the address, which you have set in your realmlist database table and make sure the port in your realmd.conf is set to 3724.

Alright. Did you ever try setting your realmlist.wtf to 127.0.0.1? I forgot to ever ask that. *sigh* That's the only thing left I can suggest for you. You can try downloading M2 or M3, but you will need to replace your client with the WoTLK or Cataclysm client.

I'm sorry to say it, but I'm running out of ideas now. The only other thing I can think of is perhaps opening the ports in your firewall and using your external IP and one of us could try connecting and see if the same error comes up...?

Alright. Well, before we bang our little red heads much more, what is your external IP address and can you create an account for me on mangosd? wolverine pass temp? We'll see if I can connect. This will at least verify whether it is the client or not. OH! Your realmlist db, you'll need to change that ip to your external and restart mangosd and realmd and then hopefully I can connect. :)

*crosses fingers*

[MENTION=175]KillerDragon[/MENTION], my apologies. I didn't realize how late it was here. I will have to continue this with you in the morning and hopefully we can get this sorted out.

Hey, Killer. I just realized I can just open my WoW up to you. I created you an account killerdragon and the pass is temp.

My IP address is 173.172.198.80. Just put that in your realmlist.wtf file in your vanilla client and you should be able to connect. If you still have trouble, as I have already tested my setup, then I will upload my copy of the client and you can download it and we will see if that works for you. :)

yes I do run both. this isn't the first time I have used a mangos server.

grrr... I am starting to think it might be the client becouse i just tryed to connect to your server and the same prob came up unless your server isn't up atm.

Do you have teamspeak? becouse if you do we can live chat to get this thing working then.

Hey, Killer. I just realized I can just open my WoW up to you. I created you an account killerdragon and the pass is temp.

My IP address is 173.172.198.80. Just put that in your realmlist.wtf file in your vanilla client and you should be able to connect. If you still have trouble, as I have already tested my setup, then I will upload my copy of the client and you can download it and we will see if that works for you. :)

I was just wondering if you had had a chance to try this one out yet? This way we can eliminate whether or not you might have a corrupted copy of the client...

Archived