[solved] [zero] unable to conect

KillerDragon

Question

Windows 2008 R2 SP1

Mangos[Zero]

Am unable to connect to the server from the game client. Bindip is set to the right ip address. realmd address is set in the database. the port 8085 works fine. able to test connect to it and got a connection. 3724 unable to connect to. I used telnet to test the connect with the ports.

All I can think of is skype. I'm wolverine79936 on there...

What are you running the client on? Server 2008? If that's the case, it could be something to do with how the kernel in 2008 deals with networking. I use to have 2008 server, but got rid of it. I do a lot of video streaming over my private network and it wouldn't do that. Every few seconds we had to restart the videos. And that was with the streaming features enabled.

I don't know if that could even be related to this issue, but technically, MaNGOS could be considered as a stream by the server...? Perhaps you should try running this on your PC, I'm assuming that is either Windows 8 or 7... And see if it works there.

Just another idea.

Archived