Server grinds to a halt in large combat scenarios

mgmorrison89

Question

Good afternoon! I'm new to Mangos and I would consider myself a pretty tech savvy person. I setup Mangos two as a project to bring my old WoW friends together for some good old fashion Karazahn raiding. I'm running Wotlk 3.35a and so far everything looks good except for one glaring problem. Occasionally, when pulling groups of mobs, the server will stutter and lag, to the point that organized combat is impossible. Obviously this is a problem for my group of friends with we plan on doing raids, and all raiding consists of is large pulls that need to be coordinated on. Has anyone encountered this issue at all? I searched the almighty google and haven't found any answers. I want to rule out hardware problems, as the host machine is an actual server of mine with Two 8 core Xeons and 24 gigs of RAM. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to start? When the lag happens, I can glance at the console but that doesn't do me any good as the text flied by 1000 words a second. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

3 answers to this question

I'll scan through it tonight after recreating the issue, so the log file should be just the output of the console information right? so lets say I fire mangos up, log in, create the lag issue, log out and shut down mangos, the log wile should be just the information from that session? Sorry if that's a noob question :)

Archived