trying to port non standard client version - few question

stantom

Question

Hi

long time pass since i have posted here, but i have learned much on mangos and c++ :). After tying some simply things i decided to try porting zero core to non standard TBC alpha 5610 client version (almost equal to 1.12.2wow). Successfully done logging into game ( not big deal), but need some tips. After logging 5610 client to 5875 core player tabs are totally messed. Player is naked, no skills, empty, bags, no items. My question is which core files are responsible for handling those ?

i realize that much things must be corrected, like new dbc support, sql etc. How do you guys starting when going to support new patch , client version?

The screenshot coud more explain what i mean

thanks in advance Stan

WoWScrnShot_051914_182414.png

WoWScrnShot_051914_182414.png.a0ba3a9a9f

7 answers to this question

Hi

long time pass since i have posted here, but i have learned much on mangos and c++ :). After tying some simply things i decided to try porting zero core to non standard TBC alpha 5610 client version (almost equal to 1.12.2wow). Successfully done logging into game ( not big deal), but need some tips. After logging 5610 client to 5875 core player tabs are totally messed. Player is naked, no skills, empty, bags, no items. My question is which core files are responsible for handling those ?

i realize that much things must be corrected, like new dbc support, sql etc. How do you guys starting when going to support new patch , client version?

The screenshot coud more explain what i mean

thanks in advance Stan

I'm quite 100% sure that no core will ever support 1.12.2

For the issues, i'm not sure but u should probably have to sniffer the OP-Codes and rewrite a lot.

One approach to start with is to see which client / core is closest to your version, i.e. I might actually be a closer match to tbc/One rather than vanilla/Zero.

The next Step is to get the DBC's and maps extracted at the very least. Changing the required version string in map-extractor is not too hard to do. Your character being naked may well be related to the DBC's not being extracted correctly

Then the painful bit... I am currently working through this step on Mop/Four

- You will need to map any differing DBC format changes.

- You will need to map any differing opcodes and values

- You will need to adjust any changed packet structures to match as well.

Once thats done, you should have a basic system that works

Hope this helps

Hi again,

I've done step adjusting v.5610 dbc's to the core with success . ZeroCore is not reporting errors and running with them, at client side now its possible to use Be and Dr races in game, exploring expansion maps. Also tried same things with one core, but gives client crash, so i decided to use zero core. Map andvmap extractor generated proper files(5610 is still using v 0x0001 m2 format- same as vanilla). Op_codes seems to be ok - no op_codes errors report server side. But still having major issue - character frames are not usable. Probably reason is in packets sizes or sql ( maybe tables needs additional columns), to be honest have no idea how to check it. For example when am buying something from vendor item is not showing in bag, but when i'm checking in sql table character have it.

I've attached links to my work could somebody look on this ?

*Links removed - please pm stanOldtomOld directly if you need the files

yes am noob but im wanna get that knowledge :P

thanks in advance Stan

WoWScrnShot_052414_213414.png

WoWScrnShot_052414_213414.png.ab725cfe9a

Sorry, can't post game extracted data here or we'll have blizz knocking on our door :S

It might be worth checking our archived forum area

- The changes from classic to TBC were discussed there and may provide some insight - you'll have to do some serious searching :(

Archived