[Zero] compile error CMAKE + openssl libraries - Linux install

Dan

Question

Hi Community! I have been struggling with this one for a while now and I believe it may be related with specifying the openssl library files with the cmake command.

Description: Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS

Release: 12.04

libssl-dev is installed along with all other dependencies.

Here are my CMAKE additional variables:

-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/mangoszero

-DACE_USE_EXTERNAL=1

-DOPENSSL_LIBRARIES=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so

-DOPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/lib/openssl

-DOPENSSL_EXTRA_LIBRARIES=usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so (not sure on this one)

Inside my CMakeCache.txt after applying cmake:

OPENSSL_EXTRA_LIBRARIES:UNINITIALIZED=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so

OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/include/openssl

OPENSSL_LIBRARIES:UNINITIALIZED=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so

Pastebin of error (So I don't kill anyone with a wall of text):

Scanning dependencies of target realmd [ 60%] Building CXX object src/realmd/CM - Pastebin.com

edit:This error is after executing the make command.

I am not sure what openssl files or folders I should be searching for in order to link them into the CMAKE.

3 answers to this question

Update:

Finally got it built. Here are the paths that seemed to work:

OPENSSL_EXTRA_LIBRARIES:UNINITIALIZED=/home/dan/mangosZero/server/dep/include/openssl/crypto.h

OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR:UNINITIALIZED=/home/dan/mangosZero/server/dep/include/openssl

OPENSSL_LIBRARIES:UNINITIALIZED=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so

libcrypto.so was for the openssl libraries and crypto.h for the extra libraries. I used the openssl directory downloaded from the git repository for the include directory.

edit: Here is my full cmake command string I used:

cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/mangosZero -DTBB_USE_EXTERNAL=1 -DACE_USE_EXTERNAL=1 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-O3 -march=native" -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="-O3 -march=native" -DDEBUG=0 -DTBB_USE_EXTERNAL=1 -DOPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR=/home/dan/mangosZero/server/dep/include/openssl -DOPENSSL_LIBRARIES=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so -DOPENSSL_EXTRA_LIBRARIES=/home/dan/mangosZero/server/dep/include/openssl/crypto.h

Archived